Best racer's fork for straight 1.125"

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CXTony

by CXTony

I just picked up an awesome Rock Lobster True Temper S3 road frame from a friend who is thinning his fleet. He was running an Easton EC70 fork, but I think it deserves something a little nicer. Since I plan to ride and race the bike, what fork would be the best option? I imagine the Enve, EC90, maybe 3T are the top options, but what do people recommend? I would prefer to run 25s, it needs to be a straight steerer, and I would like to make sure it is light and race-ready.
What do you guys think?

(Full build coming this winter)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kman

by kman

Pretty happy with my edge/enve 1.0 fork. I picked up one of the "old stock" with the edge decals and was running it on my caad9. Unfortunately my Focus uses a tapered steerer and its not worth trying to fit the edge fork.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

sungod

by sungod

about 18 months ago i switched to an enve 2.0 fork (previously columbus minimal), it was a great improvement, no more understeer so i can be much more confident when cornering hard/fast

only downside i've noticed vs. the minimal is that on poor road surface there's more road buzz, but i think that's to be expected given the big difference in stiffness

nickf

by nickf

Running a enve 1.0 on my caad9. Fantastic fork. Much stiffer then the cannondale premium. Plus it looks great.

eric

by eric

I've got an Enve 1.0 on my Cervelo R3SL. It works fine but does not match (it's flat black, the Cervelo is gloss black).
I got it as a "dark deal" for half off. It's a few grams over the stated weight.

There's a Ritchey fork that Excel Sports lists in their catalog that is light and not too expensive:
http://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?pag ... =1&minor=3

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CXTony

by CXTony

Good to see I was on the right track with the Edge/Enve fork. I am excited to start up the build :)