Cento1SR ISP and Ritchey seat post stubby question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Frankie13

by Frankie13

Yes, I've you want to raise the saddle you have to use the supplied spacers and the stubby has to be pushed down all the way until resting on the seat mast at all times. The manual from Wilier strictly calls for that. The stubby has a smooth and flat finish inside to perfectly rest on the ISP.

Method01

by Method01

Frankie13 wrote:Yes, I've you want to raise the saddle you have to use the supplied spacers and the stubby has to be pushed down all the way until resting on the seat mast at all times. The manual from Wilier strictly calls for that. The stubby has a smooth and flat finish inside to perfectly rest on the ISP.

Ok thanks :wink:. Didn't get a manual, didn't get the spacers... So I have to figure it out myself!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie13

by Frankie13

I've you bought the frame BNIB they should have been supplied.

Method01

by Method01

Frankie13 wrote:I've you bought the frame BNIB they should have been supplied.

I did buy it new at a bike store, afterwards I mailed the bike store but they said they didn't have any manual.. Then I contacted Wilier and they send me some general manual which doesn't even mention ISP's. I tried to contact the importer of Wilier UK (I'm Belgian) and he had one but couldn't send it to me because of some different legal requirements..

It sucks, but what can I do about it :noidea:.

Frankie13

by Frankie13

If you have to cut the mast, you can use the cut piece and make spacers from it should you have cut it a little short or you change the saddle and need a little more hight.
PM me your email and I will gladly scan the papers I received with my frame and attaché it to the email.

Cheers,
Frank

joestralia

by joestralia

@Method01

Yes the stubby sits directly on top of the ISP. If it isn't all the way down, I'm very sure it will be as soon as you sit on the saddle. So the only way to raise the saddle is via spacers.

Method01

by Method01

joestralia wrote:@Method01

Yes the stubby sits directly on top of the ISP. If it isn't all the way down, I'm very sure it will be as soon as you sit on the saddle. So the only way to raise the saddle is via spacers.

Ok, thanks! I don't have any spacers so I have cut some different lengths from the ISP (2, 4 and 6mm).

And maybe a question for the future: what to do when a spacer is stuck in the mast topper and you want to remove it? Because I assume it's a very tight fitting?

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

A few general questions on the Ritchey seat post stubby that comes w/ the Cento 1SR: does anyone know the set back on the topper; does it accommodate 7x9mm oval carbon rails; what does it weigh; and are there any aftermarket stubbies that fit?

Thanks!
Wilier Cento1 SR
13.10 lbs (5.95 kgs) w/Enve 3.4-Tune 70/170 & Conti Competitions tubulars
12.53 lbs (5.68 kgs) w/FarSports 24-Extralite & Vittoria CX EVO II tubulars