New Tune Wasserträger Bottle Cage

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Fairwheel posted on their Facebook page about a new version of the Tune Wasserträger cage that will weigh 9g. Half the weight of the previous version, and I assume it's made of carbon.

https://www.facebook.com/12599504741948 ... 43/?type=1

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bfno

by bfno

Yay! By the looks of it no need for a conical drink bottle!
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Nope. Fairwheel told me that it can take any bottle.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

This boils down to, do they work well? Or will the bottle be launched out like a rocket from a small bump?

RyanH

by RyanH

It doesn't look like there's a retention nub, so I'm guessing it'll be bottle dependent. I know the camelbak bottles are normally tighter fitting.

aaric

by aaric

This is almost the same design as the specialized rib cage. If anything, they hold the bottles too tightly.

reknop

by reknop

drainyoo wrote:Fairwheel posted on their Facebook page about a new version of the Tune Wasserträger cage that will weigh 9g. Half the weight of the previous version, and I assume it's made of carbon.

https://www.facebook.com/12599504741948 ... 43/?type=1

Anyone who can share his experiences with this bottlecage?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

thprice

by thprice

So far I am happy with the new Tune cages, but Camelbacks are now a little too tight, most other bottles fit well (firmly to avoid bottle loss on a harsh bump)

wheelie

by wheelie

Is Tune Wassertrager Uni secure ehough to use it in xc and xc marathon races? And how about the ease of use - release and put the bottle in? Tnx.
2020 Cervelo Aspero Apex 1 Mid Olive/Dune ----> Burgundy/Dark Orange
2022 Scott Addict RC10

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Not sure about MTB use. I have used it on road for years on both road bikes and have had a single ejection on a very steep very bumpy very quick descent. In races on bumpy descents where others had had bottles ejecting everywhere they have stayed in place(Camelbaks) Very easy to place and remove.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thprice

by thprice

wheelie wrote:Is Tune Wassertrager Uni secure ehough to use it in xc and xc marathon races? ...

I have around 6000km on a CX/Gravel bike that uses Tune Wassertrager Uni bottle cages, some of the roads were rough but no issues with holding onto Camelbak bottles.
Make sure you purchase the newer model (2015) of the Wassertrager Uni, it has a stronger bottom tab than the older model.

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

This thread reminded me I was wanting to put together a detailed review and images of the Tune Wassertrager 2. It's up now. Check it out by clicking here.

Hope this helps.

KarlC

by KarlC

jrmynthn wrote:This thread reminded me I was wanting to put together a detailed review and images of the Tune Wassertrager 2. It's up now. Check it out by clicking here.

Hope this helps.

Link does not work for me
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

jrmynthn wrote:This thread reminded me I was wanting to put together a detailed review and images of the Tune Wassertrager 2. It's up now. Check it out by clicking here.

Hope this helps.

Sorry about that, it should be working now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Denavelo

by Denavelo

I just installed my set of Tune cages and love them!
I went thru my kitchen cabinet and tried multiple bottles and got a huge NOPE on most of them.
Simply too snug in the cages. Luckily my Speedvagen bottles work, and they look good with my bike.
I really want those polka dot bottles from MAAP, but I'm afraid they may not fit in the cages.

Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite