SRAM goes electric....(almost official) Has Landed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tinozee

by tinozee

Was it Sram wireless fd failure in today's stage with Bardet? He was stuck in small ring during last descent, kicking his fd trying to get it to shift.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Barbet uses the mechanical group. He's probably regretting that decision.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

It was said on the NBCSN broadcast that the FD looked like it had come loose on the hanger. They then showed video where it was pretty obvious this was the case, and the FD cage was hitting the big ring as it was trying to shift up.

If that's the case that's just a mechanics eff up and nothing to do with the group.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

tinozee wrote:Was it Sram wireless fd failure in today's stage with Bardet? He was stuck in small ring during last descent, kicking his fd trying to get it to shift.

Not to shift but rather to move the change back to parallel to the rings. He was stuck in the 39 on the descent. Simple case of the mech coming loose. It was clearly mechanical Sram.

tinozee

by tinozee

pdlpsher1 wrote:Barbet uses the mechanical group. He's probably regretting that decision.

Really? That's weird. He was using Wireless in the CdD and some other world tour races, I have watched all of them this year. Didn't see any close ups of the group in this stage or anything "obvious" (as the other guy said) about what it was. Not it's wrong but weird that he'd be back on mechanical after destroying the same descent on wireless for his best win ever last month.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/sram-wireless-groupset-makes-its-mark-on-the-worldtour-176478

Edit - OK I think found a pic to confirm its mechanical. http://cdn.velonews.competitor.com/files/2015/07/SPTDW4101.jpg

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Not that it matters much to SRAM, but I've gotten tired of waiting around for their electronic group.

This is coming from a longtime SRAM advocate. I really like the idea of wireless for my non-Di2 frame and I really like their ongoing dedication to light weights with Red. I fully expect their electronic group will hit one day, but I'm getting older by the minute and growing increasingly impatient.

If I recall correctly, the development cycles for Di2 and EPS were similarly long and drawn out. The difference now is that SRAM is the odd man out. We all recall phase one of SRAM's PR strategy when they disingenuously panned electronic shifting. Later on, they moved to phase two with "coming soon." I'm not sure I'm going to wait for phase three ("finally here and worth the wait").

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Well, EuroBike and InterBike are just around the corner...
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

mattjevans

by mattjevans

Johnny Rad wrote:Breath. Holding.

Don't they have to release by end of september latest because of UCI rules and time elapsed since it was first used in a race

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Johnny Rad wrote: Later on, they moved to phase two with "coming soon." I'm not sure I'm going to wait for phase three ("finally here and worth the wait").
No, you need to wait for phase 4 . Phase 3 is, it's here, buy it, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Phase 3 b is, what a piece of crap, it's full of bugs and the thing keeps breaking. Phase 4 is when they making some running changes to make it work more reliably.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

I think you are mistaken. Sram and Garmin are different companies HammerTime2 ;)
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

The release is near ;)
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

Grill

by Grill

mattjevans wrote:
Johnny Rad wrote:Breath. Holding.

Don't they have to release by end of september latest because of UCI rules and time elapsed since it was first used in a race

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How long have we been waiting for the PRO trispoke?

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Frankie - B wrote:I think you are mistaken. Sram and Garmin are different companies HammerTime2 ;)
Different companies. Not so different. :smartass:

Edit: I told you so, in advance.
Last edited by HammerTime2 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

After the ordeal I had setting up a pair of Aeronova bars the other night, really looking forward to running just the brake cable through the bars.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com