SRAM goes electric....(almost official) Has Landed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kkibbler

by kkibbler

It should be able to work in 1x in order to be a viable option for CX. Curious if that capability will "trickle" over to the road group to allow 1x on road as well. AFAIK currently that is not possible.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jooo

by jooo

I know it's not an eTap specific question, but does anyone have info on why Wiggle doesn't appear to be shipping SRAM to Australia at the moment? :noidea:

cucci35

by cucci35

I think, it's so noisy...butter than di2

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Quick quick, Wiggle has the groupset back in stock

DartanianX

by DartanianX

jooo wrote:I know it's not an eTap specific question, but does anyone have info on why Wiggle doesn't appear to be shipping SRAM to Australia at the moment? :noidea:

Shop Local, support local.

sungod

by sungod

jooo wrote:I know it's not an eTap specific question, but does anyone have info on why Wiggle doesn't appear to be shipping SRAM to Australia at the moment? :noidea:

if they're shipping in from outside i'd guess sram told them to stop or else they'd have their supply cut off

not specific to cycling, authorized distributors/resellers often have to invest and follow rules in order to get access to product together with warranty/maintenance/support services, if someone else starts reselling product from another territory the local partners won't get their return on investment, they complain or maybe stop selling

neither situation is ideal, especially if the manufacturer uses it as a way to fix retail price and prevent discounting (apple is a clear example of this), the flip side is if you buy via import you can find yourself with nowhere local to turn should there be a problem and must hope whoever you bought it from can fix things for you

djcharlou

by djcharlou

Yes jooo they don't ship in France too. When you change the order destination to UK, magic the Etap appear !
Im' waiting till july to get mine.

jooo

by jooo

I was wondering if anyone had heard anything straight from the horses mouth and wasn't just making assumptions. It only seems to be Wiggle that have changed and the other usual suspects from EU/USA will still post to AUS.

DartanianX wrote:Shop Local, support local.

How helpful of you :roll:

kkibbler

by kkibbler

If you're in Australia why not order from Bikebug?

mattr

by mattr

jooo wrote:It only seems to be Wiggle that have changed and the other usual suspects from EU/USA will still post to AUS.
I suspect the supplier/importer will give a warning to their biggest stockists first, then work down their list. There will also be delays dependant on how each countries importer is structured. And there may be multiple importers as well. So the total trickle down from SRAM global to every single retailer might take a month, then another couple of weeks to update websites etc.

jooo wrote:
DartanianX wrote:Shop Local, support local.

How helpful of you :roll:
Yeah, it's an annoying attitude, i'd not trust any of the bike shops within a couple of hours drive to do more than provide me with consumables, which they'd either charge me full RRP for 3 year old gear, or have to order in specially, as "there's no demand for that sort of stuff". (105 10 speed cassette for reference)

Internet all the way, and i know it'll be fitted properly.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Finally saw Sram eTap up close. Guy on our group rides shows up on a new Madone 9 in Red all decked out with eTap etc...

Must say, riding behind him at one point, kind of disappointed how "bulky" the RD/FD are and look on that setup. I know, battery is part of the FD/RD themselves, but they also stick out further than Di2.

Will stick with my 9070 Di2 cables, internal battery and extra 20gms weight. Also, will keep enjoying super long battery life as well of the Shimano.

BTW...guy got dropped at the same point he always does on the ride...guess that $13K bike didn't help at all over is old bike, which wasn't shabby at all, EVO etc. So much for the hyper of aero and latest technology.

Like I always say, it's the rider, not the bike.

gmakris

by gmakris

About battery life my etap is already with 1.400km and three lines remaining approx 10 hours of riding or 300km in total I will manage 1700km till it dies...

Di2 users reports 1400 to 1700km so I see no big advantage for Di2. Without any cables to worry for connection issues and rattle inside the frame I only see Di2 is better in RD upshifting speed and customization. Appearance I see etap is bigger but not ungly just different...

amey

by amey

Not an etap specific question but more about the brakes. I've recently acquired red22 aerolink brakes. I am hitting a wall with installation; saw this video many times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiCM8ngEwho

Housing is cut at right length. Pads are swisstop evo and rims are Kinlin XC279.

I am unable to stop the brake moving side to side .. any tips?

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Zigmeister wrote:Finally saw Sram eTap up close. Guy on our group rides shows up on a new Madone 9 in Red all decked out with eTap etc...

Must say, riding behind him at one point, kind of disappointed how "bulky" the RD/FD are and look on that setup. I know, battery is part of the FD/RD themselves, but they also stick out further than Di2.

Will stick with my 9070 Di2 cables, internal battery and extra 20gms weight. Also, will keep enjoying super long battery life as well of the Shimano.

BTW...guy got dropped at the same point he always does on the ride...guess that $13K bike didn't help at all over is old bike, which wasn't shabby at all, EVO etc. So much for the hyper of aero and latest technology.

Like I always say, it's the rider, not the bike.

ok.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com