pre 2009 BMC Road Racer SL01 or Velocite Selene or Cuneo?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Hi guys,

I've got an opportunity to buy a used BMC road racer frameset. It's probably going to replace my Giant as a second/spare bike as it'll fit a bit better. I can't find too much info regarding the pre 2009 models (the one with the SSC joint - not the iSC one). Has anyone owned one of these? How would you rate them?

EDIT: changed question.
Last edited by istigatrice on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Just found out that Velocite are doing a pretty good deal on their blue selene. Turns out to be a tad more expensive than the BMC. What do people think? Would the velocite selene be worth the extra penny over the BMC? They seem like similar calibre frames to me, both high end alloy with the BMC having carbon stays but the Velocite having a full carbon fork. The geometry of both frames will fit me, so which frame would you opt for, given the choice?

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

istigatrice

by istigatrice

No opinions?

Also going to add the pro-lite Cuneo to the list...