Pinarello F8 or Scott Addict SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AndreLM

by AndreLM

I am with Johnny Rad here. With that amount I would definitely consider something more unique than a Pinarello.

Look, i used to have a Dogma, and I agree that it rides great, but I don't think their prices are justifiable.

A custom Crumpton or a Parlee can also ride amazingly well and you can make them look gorgeous. Look at the Candy Red Parlee in the Introduce Yourself gallery. If you are not after absolute lightweight, you can also check Firefly titanium bikes. They are simply stunning. Any of these builders can make it ride the way YOU want.

Tricky76

by Tricky76

It looks like a Crumpton Type 5 frame will set me back 6500...that is 750 more than a pinarello F8!!! what do i get in return for this? frame looks plain to me...i mean, sure colors will help, but someone help me out here...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AndreLM

by AndreLM

Frame will be handmade by Nick Crumpton himself for you. Geometry, ride characteristics, weight... you decide. I think this is more valuable than a mass-produced frame, which is only exclusive now... in a few months, an F8 (and all the cheap knock-offs / replicas) will be much more common.

And probably next year, Pinarello will start using a new carbon fiber material / resin / whatever, and the new bike will be X% stiffer, lighter, and more comfortable.

I am not saying it is a bad bike. I really liked my Dogma 1. I just don't think it should cost that amount of money.

Of course, this is me... you ride what you love. I do not have a custom-made bike... maybe in the future...

PS: Nick can do amazing paintjobs, but frankly... why hide a piece of art with paint?

Last edited by AndreLM on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tricky76

by Tricky76

okay...i spoke before really investigating...my bad totally...that looks pretty darn good to me...

Tricky76

by Tricky76

I emailed Nick a very nice message, explaining my situation, that I might not want to jump back into a commercial frame..and I have newfound money...let's see how soon I hear back.

Customer service goes a ways too.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Crumpton is great. Maybe ask for a Type 5 from Nick

djconnel

by djconnel

Addict SL

LionelB

by LionelB

This is a picture of my Crumpton above. If you are ready for some wait then a Crumpton is hard to beat and has a lot more soul than any production bike, even a Pinarello.

Permon

by Permon

justkeepedaling wrote:Wow you're still spouting this nonsense! Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your username show up again.

As far as time goes, it doesn't matter if you lose weight in wheels or frame or anywhere else.

Do you like to keep track of your performance or use Strava?

What is Your problem Cervelo fanatic fan? :D
I do have a right to have my own feelings about riding bikes and I live in a country where it is not forbiden to express my thoughts :smartass:
Bikes are about feelings and I feel the Dogma is just a perfect fit for me.
Do You feel it differently? Just tell us.... Now, your thoughts on Dogma vs. Addict, please.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

When you say you feel like your bikes are no slower than the other, do you have any data to back that up? It's simple to use GPS in this day in age. Otherwise don't even mention it.

And I'd take a Type 5 over any Pinarello.

You're on a forum labelled weightweenies. Think about that for a second. Or maybe several months like you were gone for.

Permon

by Permon

Yeah, but my stupid Polar does not have GPS unit.
Sorry. I used to have Garmin, but it does not work anymore.

Man, I was not gone!
I am reading and writting on WW almost each and every day.
You can check....

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Man......$14k......I'd open up my options to A LOT more than just 2 frames.

Amerikon

by Amerikon

For $14K I'd think that, like others have said, even a Pinarello would be too "common". If you like Italian, something like a Sarto Dinamica would be an interesting option. It's handmade in Italy (which you may or may not care about) and is available in custom geometries. For what you've got, you could easily get one with Super Record and some Bora 35s.

I'd post a link, but I'm not allowed to yet. Use the googles if you're curious. My local shop was building a couple of them, one custom paint and the other in the standard azzurra scheme which I thought was just jaw-droppingly beautiful.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

As i get it Addict SL is only avaible as mechanical and large frame is 750-760g.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

prebsy

by prebsy

Man is this still weight weenies???? What forum are we on!? The way I see it you have 2 options get a very light production frame ie addict, cannondale evo, Trek emonda slr (SIKE!!!!) or take that very hefty wad of cash you have and get something custom like a lot have people have suggested.

Remember just because you have a ton of cash doesn't mean you should blow it all in one place (one part). You could put together an absolutely top level frame, 9070 di2, like you want, the exact top of the line cockpit you want, a power meter and a set of very nice racing wheels and probably still have some quarters left for parking. I don't know if some one with 14k to drop a bike shops around for deals but I know I would.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com