Di2 mix-and-match--firmware v3.0.5 warning

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Is there any possibility to run a 6870 derailleur in 10spd mode? Full stop. My wheels are not 11spd compatible and I do not want to upgrade all my bikes to 11spd.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

I've heard that you can fit an 11 speed cassette onto a 10 speed wheel, but by removing a sprocket from the center. Then use the limit screws to stop the RD overshifting.

http://darkspeedworks.com/blog-11speed.htm
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

Yes, the cassette change is the only way to do it. The derailleur does not have any means of adjusting the spacing. There was a thread here debating the type of motor used and whether it could potentially be modified, but forget about it. Its 11 speed spacing, period.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

kulivontot

by kulivontot

:/ I guess I'm committed to finding a used 6770 rd then.

theador

by theador

Can a 7970 battery and battery holder be used to power a newer system? My RD on my 7970 has just given up so I'm seeing what I can keep and what I need to buy to upgrade to an e-tube system. I'm thinking brake callipers and chainset is all I can keep :roll:

PinaRene

by PinaRene

theador wrote:Can a 7970 battery and battery holder be used to power a newer system? My RD on my 7970 has just given up so I'm seeing what I can keep and what I need to buy to upgrade to an e-tube system. I'm thinking brake callipers and chainset is all I can keep :roll:

No, Battery holder isn't eTube as far as I know , so correct what you can keep from the 7970 groupset... or buy a Di2 7970 set ( eBay or this forum ) and then you have some spares as well for the future. :roll:

glepore

by glepore

theador wrote:Can a 7970 battery and battery holder be used to power a newer system? My RD on my 7970 has just given up so I'm seeing what I can keep and what I need to buy to upgrade to an e-tube system. I'm thinking brake callipers and chainset is all I can keep :roll:

Yeah, 7970 rd's are all doomed to fail. I've had 3 die. Last time, I did spring for an RD7970a from Holland cycles-500 bucks, but cheaper than a full upgrade and works flawlessly. Its a RD9070 with an adapter dongle to go from the etube on the 9070 derailleur to the older wiring, and indexed for 10spd.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record