Colnago Bottom Bracket

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ironman1

by ironman1

The new Colnago C60 and V1-r have Colnago's own BB standard. I believe for a 30 mm spindle (THM) it is just a pressfit. Has anybody installed a Clavicula in a c60 ? What would be the best route to go using your existing bearings ? Can you just get the cups ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kmenon610

by kmenon610

I just installed one of these on my V1-R.

You need the Shimano Press Fit BB Road for the C60 and V1-R. It presses right into the threaded cups in the frame.

I'd suggest some loctite 640 or 609 on pressed in surfaces just to make sure you don't have any issues down the road with creaking.

Hope this helps!

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Who had the V1-r in stock?

ironman1

by ironman1

Kmenon610, did you install a shimano crankset or THM ?

Also curious to where you found your V1-r. ?

Let us know what you think of it

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I have been looking for one of these framesets without sucess.

kmenon610

by kmenon610

Hey all!

Sorry for the delay in response! I installed a THM M3 crankset on my frame.

I'll try and get some photos soon and post them to the forum for you guys.

The reason I have a V1-R is because I work for Colnago. I received a first production version.

Other dealers should have them in stock mid to late September.

Thanks guys!

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

South West Bike Builders have the V1-r in stock!!

https://www.facebook.com/14496474558780 ... =1&theater

regards
ianSWBB

ironman1

by ironman1

Can anyone confirm exactly what model of cups they used in the new Colnago thread fit BB and THM cranks. My V1-r is shipped and was ready to buy the Rotor Prass fit 4130 cups but talked to Jason At Fairwheel and he didn't think they would work but didn't know for sure. He thought maybe the lightning 86 cups might work. I know THM makes cups but after 2 sets with ceramic I don't feel like dropping $160.

showdown

by showdown

I just placed my order for a C60 to replace my stolen C59, Hi kmenon610!

I'm using the Shimano Dura-Ace BB91-41B Press-Fit Bottom Bracket for 24mm wide crankset spindles and as I understand any PF86/92 BB will work.

-J

kmenon610

by kmenon610

For anyone using a crank with a 30mm spindle, there are a few options.

For a THM crank, you can use the THM press fit BB86 bottom bracket. If you use this, you'll most likely need an extra 1mm spacer on the non-drive side so the arm does not rub on the thread fit cup.

To avoid using the spacer, you could probably use the Enduro BB86/92 to BB386 bottom bracket. On the non drive side of that BB, the bearing sits flush with the edge of the BB shell unlike the THM which is recessed.

FSA makes a BB86/30 for their BB386 cranksets and Rotor has their press fit 4130 bb.

The only other BB that I know of is the Kogel BB86-30. Theoretically that should work with any of the 30mm spindle cranks but I have not tried it.

If you guys have tried any other methods, let me know. I'd love to hear your experience!

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mrgray

by mrgray

Hi,
reviving this thread in the hope that someone knowledgeable re: Colnago C60's and THM cranks might chime in. I have a THM M3 crank and trying to install this. Thought I would be fine with the Shimano Press Fit BB but can't see how these even fit into the Colnago. If anyone has anything for me I would be grateful. Mechanic who hasn't seen much of this sort of stuff didn't get there (and fair enough, it is pretty specific). I have contacted THM however they're entitled to their weekend! So yes, if anyone knows, it would be great to hear.

thanks
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com