columbus grammy fork

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dogg

by dogg

does anyone have experience with this fork?

i am seeking a replacement, or rather upgrade for my chinese 066SL and this seems to fit the bill, quite light as well as affordable.

the one thing i am most curious about is the tire clearance. i run 28mm tires exclusively so it needs to clear that with at least a bit of room.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Grill

by Grill

I have one on my Wyndy. Absolutely love it. Light and stiff. Pretty sure it will accommodate 28mm, but I'll check when I get home.

Grill

by Grill

Looks to have plenty of room. Currently on Enve 6.7 with Schwalbe Ultremo HT 22mm tubs.

dogg

by dogg

thanks grill, by chance could you measure the width between the inside of the fork blades on either side of the tire? it would be greatly appreciated

Grill

by Grill

Looks to be 35mm at the narrowest.

syncmaster

by syncmaster

Any reason you want to upgrade the 066sl fork? I'm thinking of getting that frame as my next project.

chalkie

by chalkie

syncmaster wrote:Any reason you want to upgrade the 066sl fork? I'm thinking of getting that frame as my next project.

I'm using a Columbus Grammy on my fm066sl. Weightwise not much of an improvement (around 30 grams) yet a lot more comfortable than the Hongfu fork.

dogg

by dogg

thanks again grill!

syncmaster, the frame and fork are fine, quite great actually. but id just like to get something a bit nicer on there.

and as chalkie mentions the positive difference in ride quality is something i seek as well. i ride on a lot of poor quality tarmac as well as graded dirt/gravel roads and the hong fu fork is actually really quite stiff and unforgiving on these surfaces. i assume due to the straight fork blades. which i why I'm interested in the grammy and its curved shape

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com