Cervélo 2015 lineup

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mjduct

by mjduct

JKP... You must not ever work with the media, they publish what they want/ what they think will get attention and hence drive subscriptions/ sponsorships/ advertising. The nuanced/ detailed facts are about #5 or #6 down the list of things editors care about somewhere below the word limit, title, publishing deadline, who else is covering the story/ beating them to publishing the deadline, pretty pictures, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

phatphuk

by phatphuk

^ In other words JKP...Don't quit your day job ;)

SkippyMcJimmelstein

by SkippyMcJimmelstein

Brilliant question:
Do the pros ride the same geometry as the standard S3 or R3? The stack height seems excessively high.

wingguy

by wingguy

Yes they do.

djconnel

by djconnel

Cervelos really aren't big stack, they're more short reach: you can get as short a stack on Cervelo as on most other bikes. So the pro solution is to go long on the stem.

natiedean24

by natiedean24

This thread is making me uncomfortable.

tinozee

by tinozee

Haha. I would maybe buy one of those new S5s if it had a threaded BB. Reading the other threads about BB creaking issues, loctite, etc, these are way off my list.

mjduct

by mjduct

I think if you absolutely need/ want the most aero road bike in production, a bottom bracket design should be a mute point... I prefer ENG threaded too, but I own a few press fit bikes and haven't had any issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nd2rc

by nd2rc

never had any creaking issues with all three of my S5 framesets

tinozee

by tinozee

Ehhh, bb design is not a moot (ironic you used mute though) point if it makes noise. Frankly I think press fit is a fiasco.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Permon wrote:Still not fair enought.
When did the producers started to employ another components in the measurement?
I think right now....they found out that they were not able to impove the aerodynamics anymore....well....how to make marketing about this ZERO improvement. Aha, ok lets compare old model on shallow rim Fulcrums and put 80mm HED wheels on the new model.
YEAH, here comes the NEW SUPER BIKE.

And what am I supposed to think about the stiffness improvement of 35%?
Did Cervelo just changed the method and started measuring stiffness of a bike including wheels? :shock:
Aha, they just picked up the stiffest available and the stiffness appeared.

GREAT DONE.

P.S. In some thread around here somebody said, Cervelo company are just engineers, lacking marketing people.
Well, it seems like the engineers were fired sometime ago and marketing people were hired instead. :noidea:

This is an old story with Cervelo and we should all be pretty accustomed to these types of marketing tactics. No one should be surprised. Decent bikes but the brand should be renowned for treating customers and potential customers like fools. Fool me once...
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

mjduct

by mjduct

Glad someone caught the pun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanseven

by stanseven

Mr.Gib wrote:
This is an old story with Cervelo and we should all be pretty accustomed to these types of marketing tactics. No one should be surprised. Decent bikes but the brand should be renowned for treating customers and potential customers like fools. Fool me once...

Yep. I used to love Cervelo. Then they changed the geometry to make them less aggressive. Gerard said he knew more about fit for customers than they did themselves and everybody needed relaxed frames. So the sponsored pros and serious riders had to resort to -17 stems. Over time that didn't sell. Now Cervelos went back to more aggressive geometry claiming they produce what customers want. They listen!

If they listened they wouldn't have changed anything.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Permon wrote:Still not fair enought.

And what am I supposed to think about the stiffness improvement of 35%?
Did Cervelo just changed the method and started measuring stiffness of a bike including wheels? :shock:
Aha, they just picked up the stiffest available and the stiffness appeared.

:noidea:

Stiffness as a road bike quality is vastly over-rated. You want a bike to be stiff enough, but in my view increasing stiffness beyond a certain point can actually be a negative.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Permon

by Permon

Yeah, but S5 really really needed to stiffen up the front end.....the original S5 is such a noodle. So +35% is a GREAT message for all of us! :up:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com