Cervélo 2015 lineup

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

That R2 has to be the best 'bang for buck' on the market right now - ditch the 105 for Force 22, and run some nice 25c treads on wide aero rims and you're onto a winner.

I'd buy one.

Permon

by Permon

Yeah, I like the R2 paintjob :thumbup:
I was expecting NEW S5....the current one is outdated in ride quality, by my opinion....I believe that is the reason nobody from Garmin rides it. :?:

prebsy

by prebsy

I got myself the R2 with that exact idea. I'm stripping it down and putting record on it. The front end clearance is huge, might even be more than the rear end. The weight for the fork wasn't even bad, 369 uncut.

cajer

by cajer

Permon wrote:Yeah, I like the R2 paintjob
I was expecting NEW S5....the current one is outdated in ride quality, by my opinion....I believe that is the reason nobody from Garmin rides it. :?:

Cervelo's Damon Rinard did tell us that the firm will have something brand new that will debut at the Eurobike show at the end of the month – but he refused to reveal exactly what. 

djconnel

by djconnel

Meh:

BikeRadar photo

The more I look this, the more I contemplate the wonders of CarboLift.

eric

by eric

Yea. Looks good except for the top tube. But I like all black bikes.

djconnel

by djconnel

Irony is the R3 looks nice other than the tacky oversized logos:

Compare and contrast with 2011, a very good year:

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

The oversized logo is to emphasize the new rounded leading edge of the downtube. I personally have no problem with that

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I used to really aspire to own a cervelo, especially an R3 SL, now every single paint scheme (except the RCa), looks to my eye - cheap. Like they got the korean car designers from 10 years ago to do the decal packages. It also irks me that even the black frames are painted black rather than clearcoated, seems like they are trying to conceal shoddy layup under thick paint. Now I am sure the layup is fine, but why hide it like that. And I know there are sound reasons for having giant headtubes (more people will fit without a giant spacer stack, and more flexible people can grab a -17 degree stem but it just looks bad.
And BBright is a stupid BB standard.
But mostly the terrible paint.
Cannondale is equally guilty of mostly awful paint schemes. (excepting the black editions)

Whatever happened to a solid colour and a small decal with the frame name in a non-clashing colour. And I agree with Djconnel, the R5 from 2011 looks much better and much more expensive than anything current, even though i hate green.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

uraqt

by uraqt

as a huge Cervelo fan I have to agree there was an R3 SL that was just black with white letter... perfect ...2009 isn

I have thought about this a lot and the issue is that Cervelo has great ideas on but they always fall short.. take the red top tube.... it's good idea but where it begins and ends screws it up. They could color code their models, and it dose't have to be the top tube, how about the non drive side chain stay in red for the R5 blue for the R3 and white for the R2 and the do all the lettering in the same color...

Take the RCA the red stripe should have been sliver with punch out for RCA (or letters in black)

it's like they pick the 1st one somebody likes, and then go with it..

That said I am sure, that's not the case!!! You have to at least give them extra credit for trying new things... and I am sure that I wouldn't do any better if it was my real job ... :)

C
PS the color tipped forks is a great idea, but "pulling the same color through the rest of the frame is just bad. You could't give a 2015 P5 six ..but the P2 and P3 look promising .. but the gray letter prevents them from being home runs!!!

tinozee

by tinozee

All of my favorite frames have lame paint - new Scott addict, Cannondale Evo, R5... Why would a company not see the easy answer to use solid color with just logo? It seems that there must be some in-house designers who need to make themselves look useful by adding sporty stripes or odd color layouts. The R5 reminds me of a road bike designed for a Fireman.. the top tube is like an red axe. I'd love to see a solid blue or black with white logo.

eric01

by eric01

Oh man that R5 paintjob is the worst. It looks... unfinished? S3 is a better implementation of the theme. S2 and R2 are the best looking of the lot IMHO. They'd have a R5 customer if they took last years R5 matte job and turned it gloss.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

Permon

by Permon

Cervelo is cappable of making nice paintjobs..... I like this P5.
Also the Tour de France S3 of one Garmin rider was just great. (I quess he was like Dutch champion or something)
Attachments
P5.png

TuplaO

by TuplaO

Clearance-wise, the R2 seems to be able take pretty much any tire one'd like to put up front. What about the rear? 28 mm, or even wider? If so, I'm definitely interested.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com