Cervélo 2015 lineup

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Permon

by Permon

Tell them!
They are so proud to have their Future-Proof Cable Management, I doubt they will change it just because of You 2 guys.

http://www.cervelo.com/en/engineering/core-design-features/future-proof-cable-management.html

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Permon, I think you're missing my point. I'm meaning add an extra port for the electronic wiring.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Drilling an unnecessary hole in a 650 gram frame? Not sure if that is ideal or even an elegant solution. There's absolutely nothing wrong with where that port is now.

maquisard

by maquisard

Exactly, additional holes will compromise the strength of the frame. Not worth it.

53x12

by 53x12

justkeepedaling wrote:Drilling an unnecessary hole in a 650 gram frame? Not sure if that is ideal or even an elegant solution. There's absolutely nothing wrong with where that port is now.

Who was talking about drilling a hole in the frame? Could be easily molded in the frame. The 500 sheets of carbon (or however many they use for the frame) could easily be slightly altered to allow for the Di2 wire to enter on the top tube.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

tinozee

by tinozee

Since I'm always a harsh critic of things that don't look right I will say that the new S5 looks nice. I especially like the basic graphics and colors And I and LOVE the fact that they dropped the stack 2cm and admitted it was "Due to customer suggestions and feedback". Nice job Cervelo, I really respect that.

53x12

by 53x12

According to Damon Rinard, the new S5 in a size 56 with paint and small parts comes in at 1065g.

Damon also mentioned this regarding new geometry.

"The frame stack is lower by between ~1 cm (size 48) to ~2 cm (size 61). Size 56 is ~1.5 cm lower stack. (I'm not in the office right now, so these numbers are from memory, but they're closer than the other number.)

The ~22 mm quoted is the difference in head tube length. Unfortunately, that crept into our presentation, even though the fork lengths are 6 mm different, which makes differences in HT lengths much less useful."
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

53x12

by 53x12

Embedded:

Permon

by Permon

Interesting. I quess next R generation is going to have the new S serie geo.

The picture showing S serie geo is weird... The angle of the seattube is shown wrong....it points up to centre of the seatpost, which is 20mm offset....and it probably explains why the measuring of top tube is not ending in the midle of the headtube. :unbelievable:
It is crazy that Cervelo is not able to show their geo chart correctly. :smartass:

tinozee

by tinozee

Wow that is pretty awesome update for size 58. If this thing is sprint stiff it might be a winner

wingguy

by wingguy

Permon wrote:It is crazy that Cervelo is not able to show their geo chart correctly. :smartass:

They're showing it exactly how they intended to show it. The key word is "effective".

53x12

by 53x12

Looking at what Damon Rinard said about their new aero bar, looks like it might save a little over one watt (~1-1.4 watts) compared to something like the Zipp. I wonder if Cervelo tested the VukaSprint or the newer SL-70 aero and if there were any aero improvements when Zipp did the SL-70 or if it was just stiffness and cable routing over the VukaSprint.

boots2000

by boots2000

It appears that the S5 runs small (both stack and seat tube size).
This may allow riders who need more stack on new S5 to size up, also good for those who need a lower stack bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com