fibre lyte gear mech plate and jockey wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

danbjpa

by danbjpa

i used Fibre Lyte carbon mech plate and pulleys on my RD Super record. I spoke with Stephen and he said that stock SR pulleys works very well and have good weight. but i was certain to test the FL pulleys and save few grams over stock. They works great!!! Over 1 year the teeth seems still pretty good but the shifting was compromised and shows play maybe because i do not lub between the carbon pieces and the wear by friction caused this (i think)
I will replaced them but no at this moment (£££ !!!)

stock SR plate + pulleys
SRstock.jpg

FL plate + pulleys
FL..jpg

Play (1 year later)
FLplay.jpg

Wear pieces (1 year later)
teethwear.jpg

RC856

by RC856

Thanks.
How many miles/kms did you do in that year?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

danbjpa

by danbjpa

around 7500 km (i only ride on the weekends). But i can't tell you if this kms is rule for play appear.
Good to hear others users about durability (kms) of them because i only have experience for 1 pair (and enjoyed).

(Sorry for my poor english)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

DWatkinsBSB

by DWatkinsBSB

I am always weary about tunning gear relates components. For example, I went for Aican Bungarus for my brake cables but wouldn't dare swap out the original 9000 gear cables. Its the whole indexed shifting/fragility of those components that really makes me up from getting that amazing 2 grams rear plate and carbon jockey wheels for the DA RD 9000. Fiber Lyte components are truly beautiful.