New carbon frame - considering TMR or Venge

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

perfectpink

by perfectpink

Most modern frames are outstanding. I have just ordered my second Supersix Evo Hi Mod after a crash. Have a look at http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b0s6p0/R ... oad-Racing as they have some heavily reduced serious full bikes in your price range.

Matey

by Matey

Soley based on the warranty service I've received from Specialized I'd have to say the Venge (ok, and the looks!).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jsinclair

by jsinclair

Philbar72 wrote:I own a [insert bike model] - its a fantastic bike with some caveats.
Positives:
it is extraordinarily fast. it handles and brakes really well. it looks fantastic. in my view ( and feedback from clubmates say as well) , its faster than an equivalent [insert bike model] (though that may have something to do with the engine on top), its far more compliant than a [insert bike model], and looks better than the out going [insert bike model] (subjective view). i've back to backed it with a clubmates [insert bike model], and it rides better (but i'm biased!), though doesn't climb quite as well.

Negatives: adjusting anything is a pain and requires you to carry extra's like spacers for the brakes ( if you run zipps or carbon based wheels) for when the pads get worn as the brakes don't adjust like conventional rim brakes ( they are mini vees). the salddle adjustment needs a 13mm spanner. adjustin the seat vertically needs 3 pairs of hands!

I haven't tried it against many other aero road bikes.

Impressive amount of words used to say nothing.

Oswald

by Oswald

A bit of topic maybe, but do you guys know how to spot a fake Venge?
I've come upon an offer at an attractive price and I'm thinking it might be fake. I wasn't really looking for a new bike, but getting a new bike is always tempting :mrgreen: