2012 Ridley Helium - 2012 BH G5

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

1 Lite Ghisallo

by 1 Lite Ghisallo

Trying to decide between the two. My 2006 Canyon F10 is going to be assigned to local crits, rainy days and rough roads. I am looking for a replacement that is as stiff as the Canyon and is a bit more aero. Dropping a few ounces would be an added benefit.
12.3 LBS Of Climbing Fury

Tamu8104

by Tamu8104

I don't know the BH but the Ridley will be decently light (not crazy light) and relatively stiff. The Helium isn't super aero, more standard tubing. The Noah is aero and super stiff but the frames aren't real light. You can build one in the high 15s with light parts (depending on size) but it would take real work to get lighter. The Helium can get more into the 14s and possibly lower.
Firefly Ti Road Disc
Firefly Ti Gravel Disc
Rock Lobster Team Tig SL Disc
Santa Cruz Blur 2019
Gaulzetti Cabron Disc (Retired to the Kickr after an accident)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

My 2012 BH G5 weighs right under 15 lbs. with a SRAM RED build, and Reynolds R32 wheels on it. It could be lighter, with different wheels, bars, stem, and saddle. It's a very stiff frame, and very fast, as well. I've used it in road races, and crits, with great results (the bike, not me) in both. I primarily use it as my racing bike, as it's too stiff for my old bones to ride every day.

My frame has a 57.5 top tube, if size is of consideration.

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

Cant go wrong with a BH. absolutely love mine, and build quality on the frame is second to none, IMO

willieboy

by willieboy

kevhogaz wrote:My 2012 BH G5 weighs right under 15 lbs. with a SRAM RED build, and Reynolds R32 wheels on it. It could be lighter, with different wheels, bars, stem, and saddle. It's a very stiff frame, and very fast, as well. I've used it in road races, and crits, with great results (the bike, not me) in both. I primarily use it as my racing bike, as it's too stiff for my old bones to ride every day.

My frame has a 57.5 top tube, if size is of consideration.

Spot on. I have a 2013 Ultralight with full Campy SR11. Incredible bike for speed and climbing but for anything over 50 miles I ride a different bike. Then again, I'm 55 and not a spring chicken. May let it go for something a little more forgiving. :-)