Deep drop road bar options

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prebsy

by prebsy

Hi all,
I'm looking for some options for deep drop road bars. It seems as though they are becoming more rare as people have trended towards sensibility in their fits and gear choices. But I say forget that nonsense I need to get lower!

I've looked around quite a bit but haven't found much besides the "new ergo" offerings for FSA at 150mm of drop. Are there any other options out there? If it's light that would help too, also 31.8mm clamp please it is 2014 after all.

THANKS!

dtddiver

by dtddiver

I have ridden for years on the Deda Newton Deep. Really old-school deep and round bar with 145mm drop and 95mm reach. I love them, but you should be aware that the reach is fairly substansial.

I recently switched to Fizik's Snake handlebars, and I like these even better. Classic round shape here as well, but the drop-off is better suited to "modern" levers. You can also get these in the R00-version (or whatever they call it), which is quite light.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prebsy

by prebsy

that fizik bar is really impressive. It's a shame it's only 140mm of drop but if I can't find anything deeper that is definitely worth a look.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I have had a set of Deda Deeps lying around for a long time. It's not so much that people have trended towards "sensibility" in their fits, it's more a function that they have been placing the tops of the bars much lower in relation to the saddle than in the old days. Hence the drop (from tops of bars to the drops) is shallower now because the position on the hoods has become very aggressive to start with (with respect to previous times).
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

wingguy

by wingguy

3T rotundo / aerotundo are 139, Enve Classic is 144.

From what I could find the PRO Vibe Sprint is a surprising 130ish. I borrowed a bike with one on and it 'felt' deeper.

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

Road Bars.PNG

A couple of those might be track bars, I did trim out the obvious ones.

mattyNor

by mattyNor

I have the Thomson crossbars on my bike, not sure about numbers but the drop looks deeper than most.

prebsy

by prebsy

cyclenutnz wrote:
Road Bars.PNG

A couple of those might be track bars, I did trim out the obvious ones.

a lot of those controltech bars are sweet but they are oh so heavy! looks like the fizik's are in the lead right now

prebsy

by prebsy

does anyone have experience with this bar from planet x? 170mm of drop and decent weight has me seriously considering it.
http://www.planet-x-usa.com/product-p/hbpxslc.htm

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Thomson looks to have a nice drop.

http://bikethomson.com/road-and-cyclocross/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com