Cervelo S5 internal battery

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cajer

by cajer

Does anyone have any experience with a shimano di2 internal battery in a Cervelo st.

It doesn't seem that it would fit up the aero seatpost. Does anyone know where you can put it?

ill principe

by ill principe

I built my S5 with internal battery, see thread here. I put the battery in the seat tube (wrapped in some foam to prevent rattling). Since the maximum seat post insertion is quite short on the S5 (6cm min, 10 max if I recall correctly) the seat post will not reach far enough to touch the battery.
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (build in progress) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cajer

by cajer

So I didn't see any pictures or the battery inside the seat post of the foam/battery assembly. Could you please take a picture or 2 for me?

ill principe

by ill principe

Without being a professional photographer (and using corresponding equipment) its near impossible to take a picture thats shows anything of interest given how far down the seat tube the battery is. You will have to trust me it can be done.

1. Attach the Di2 wire to the battery
2. Wrap the battery in foam (or part an inner tube or whatever...). Use small zip ties to secure the padding.
3. Push the package down the seat-tube with "wire-side" facing down.
4. Pull out the cable from BB opening and attach it to the junction box (I pushed the junction box up the down tube before installing the pf-bb)
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (build in progress) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

trikobe

by trikobe

Yep. Did the same thing. Just stuck it in the seat tube wrapped with foam. It eventually lodges where the seat tube starts to form around the wheel. Couldn't be any easier....

trikobe

by trikobe

BTW Did the same thing on my P3

cajer

by cajer

Thanks allot. Just waiting for my 6870 group to arrive now

prebsy

by prebsy

I used this http://ritcheylogic.com/road/seatposts/ ... ounts.html
and some zip ties on my Fuji sst, similar aero seatpost. Just shove it up in there, the battery is very light it isn't going anywhere.

rmerka

by rmerka

Nope it's got to go in seat tube or possibly the down tube. Seat post is too skinny to accommodate the battery.

w8weenie

by w8weenie

I know this is an old thread, but I've read conflicting posts (here and elsewhere) regarding whether or not a Shimano BT-DN110 will fit in the seat post or seat tube of a first generation S5 (I know the 2nd gen S5 is designed for placement in the downtube with a bracket from Cervelo). Perhaps the fit is dependent upon frame size (mine is a 1st gen 56). I'm getting ready to switch to Di2, and need to know which components to order.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com