Complete BB Compatibility Chart

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I saw this chart over on Bike Rumor from a new company making bottom brackets.

This company is offering, or will offer, an option for every possible BB configuration. So, if there is not an option currently or soon to be available, it pretty much means that you can't put that type of crankset on that type of frame.

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-c ... -chart.jpg
Attachments
BB-Chart-1.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Anders3404

by Anders3404

It might be me, but what's the company's name?

Sendt fra min Nexus 7 med Tapatalk

Anders3404

by Anders3404

Never mind - www.kogel.cc though site not available yet

Sendt fra min Nexus 7 med Tapatalk

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Yeah, I didn't post this to advertise the company, but to provide a pretty comprehensive chart of bb compatibility.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Maybe I'm missing something. Is that chart just listing whether there is an adapter available currently by them or someone else? Or just them? That would make more sense.

Taken on a lot with that project/offering. See how graceful they can implement that. Some adapters are kind of Jerry-Rigs with spacers etc...be nice to have more of a "native" offering that doesn't require goofy/PITA spacers, testing etc..to get it to work.

JackDaniels

by JackDaniels

Dear bicycle manufacturers,

With only 11 bottom bracket designs to choose from, I sincerely hope your engineers are hard at work creating bold new ones that will provide absolutely nothing in the way of a performance improvement but will continue to annoy the hell out of everyone who happens to swap parts on their bikes.

PS. The only thing that should have been done with bottom brackets is get rid of Italian.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

topflightpro wrote:This company is offering, or will offer, an option for every possible BB configuration.

I don't know how accurate your term 'every possible' is. Table does not include Miche EvoMax of Stronglight ActivLink.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I see some value in doing a chart like this, but in most cases there are solutions already available, so I'm not sure what the company is really trying to do except reinvent a lot of wheels.

His solution was to make dedicated bottom brackets for every combination. The idea was to provide a purpose built bottom bracket for whatever style frame you have to fit whatever style crankset you have. Wanna stick a SRAM GXP crankset in a BB386EVO frame? Or a Shimano 24mm in a BB30 frame? No problem.

Here's the article

http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/08/03/kogel-bottom-brackets-debut-solutions-for-every-frame-wo-adapters/
Last edited by bikerjulio on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

TimW

by TimW

JackDaniels wrote:Dear bicycle manufacturers,

With only 11 bottom bracket designs to choose from, I sincerely hope your engineers are hard at work creating bold new ones that will provide absolutely nothing in the way of a performance improvement but will continue to annoy the hell out of everyone who happens to swap parts on their bikes.

PS. The only thing that should have been done with bottom brackets is get rid of Italian.

:lol: Too true..and ironically Pinarello come out with a new bike this year using...Italian threads :roll:

Bogan

by Bogan

Whoever put it together didn't check it to well. e.g. Rotor have an ITA30 bottom bracket.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

JamieL

by JamieL

or that no matter what BB you use, you're never going to get a Zipp crank to work in a BB86 frame...

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Bogan wrote:Whoever put it together didn't check it to well. e.g. Rotor have an ITA30 bottom bracket.

It seems to be just their own compatible BBs.
For instance, the Campag threaded BB for English and Italian frames is a set of bearings rather than the Campag UT cups.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Their BB30 > Campy UT solution appears to be a direct copy of the Campy cups. So as I said already, I'm not understanding the point of some of their solutions.

If they can do better than Praxis they might have a product, but so far I'm not getting it.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com