Adjusting Lever Stroke on Di2 9070

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MNX1024

by MNX1024

May someone please tell me where do I adjust the lever stroke on my shifters? Better yet, a video that can show me how? I've tried based on the manual from Shimano, found something based on the depicted position and it's a plastic bolt. Tried turning it a few times, but the levers don't move at all, thinking it may be the wrong location.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Just pull the top part of the rubber hood back. There is a white plastic regular screw driver head on the right side of the hood, indented some.

Was real easy. Glad I did that one after 4 months of the longer pull..haha.

Here, took a photo...

Last edited by Zigmeister on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Zigmeister wrote:Just pull the top part of the rubber hood back. There is a white plastic regular screw driver head if I recall.

Was real easy. Glad I did that one after 4 months of the longer pull..haha.

That was the exact screw I was turning, did a full clockwise turn, and the lever doesn't seem to move.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Keep turning, probably hasn't hit the actual lever yet. From what I can tell, all it does it just push the level inwards. No real trick to the mechanism. It rest on the plastic screw, keep turning and the lever should start moving towards the bar.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Yeah, took like 4 turns, haha. That's quite a lot for it to start moving.... At least I got this solved.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Cool..I think I recall it taking many turns, then it finally hit the lever and started to move. Seems like a potential issue though a plastic threaded screw holding the level stop. Will see, no problems after 5 months.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MNX1024

by MNX1024

That's what I completely thought too! Heck, when I was looking for the screw to adjust the lever stroke, I was dumb founded when I saw that it was plastic! Thought to myself, "This can't it, can it?", now imagine that with a very confused face.