Specialized S-Works SL Pavé Carbon seatpost weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

I can't find the weight of S-Works SL Pavé Carbon nor does LBS have it in stock to weigh it. Does anyone own one?
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftb/ro ... n-seatpost
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

padmasana

by padmasana

I have one that is coming in at 206 grams. I took it off my Roubaix just last week and put on a CG-R post.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zc1

by zc1

My apologies for reviving an old thread, but I don't have PM privileges. Padmasana, could you please comment on the two seatposts, and whether you feel the move from the Pave SL to the CG-R was worth doing? I have a Roubaix and a Tarmac and have Pave posts on both, but am thinking about going to a CG-R post on the Roubaix.

dunbar42

by dunbar42

Which year/model Roubaix do you have? I have a 2014 Roubaix SL4 Expert and think the ride is too harsh without the CG-R post. I've swapped back and forth a few times playing around with the bike fit. With a standard carbon seat post it rides worse than my new 2015 Cervelo S2!

padmasana

by padmasana

Hi zc1,
I was using the cg-r on a 2011 Roubaix s-works sl3. It really didn't make a noticeable difference on that frame.
I have read that the cg-r was designed to smooth out the stiffer ride of the sl4 frames and I have seen lots of comments attesting to its merits on those newer frames.
I am back to using the pave carbon on the sl3 frame with no regrets. In fact, it's a lighter setup.
The cg-r seatpost is awaiting new life on a Roubaix disc frame (2013 10r carbon Roubaix expert sl4). I'm a few weeks away from having that bike completed. The Mavic Ksyrium disc wheelset and RS685 shifters for it have just been shipped (thanks Starbike!), so maybe late this month I'll have a better idea.

padmasana

by padmasana

Dunbar, your post came in just as I was typing my reply to the post before yours. :D
Looks like cg-r is the way to go with sl4 frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zc1

by zc1

Thanks for the responses.

Dunbar: I have an SL4 Sport 105 (2014). I like the pave post, but have been wondering how much better the CG-R post would be. That info is very useful. I've been leaning towards getting one.

Padmasana: I'm looking forward to hearing your report once your new build is done! I'm not too worried about the weight of the CG-R. Over the winter I'm setting the Tarmac up to be my dedicated 'spirited riding' bike and making the Roubaix the comfort-mobile. That said, I've been quite happy with the Pave SL, and that's my main reason for not just jumping in and ordering a CG-R, yet.

Thanks again to both of you for the helpful responses.