Will a Fizik Antares Kium saddle fit a Bontrager seat mast?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jspaceman

by jspaceman

I'm in the process of building up a Trek Domane. I have a Fizik R3 Antares saddle with Kium rails, I don't have the Bontrager seat mast yet. Will the Kium rails fit the Bontrager seat mast without any issues, or will I need a larger clamp to make it work?

Reading around online it appears as though the Fizik Antares carbon railed saddles will have issues, but I'm unsure about the Kium railed saddles. I know the carbon rails are a larger diameter. Just placing my Kium saddle next to the Antares carbon saddle on my Merckx I can see the difference.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Although Bontrager makes seat clamps specifically for use with saddles with 7x9/7x10 rails such as some Bontrager saddle models as well as the Fizik saddles with braided carbon rails, typically the seat mast comes standard with clamps for round/oval rails. My open mold TT bike came with the same exact saddle clamp for round rails as the Madone which worked fine when I was riding a Fizik Tundra saddle with K:ium rails. When I got a Fizik Tundra carbon model with braided carbon rails, I had to also swap the clamps with the ones for 7x9/7x10 rails for the new saddle to fit.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

jspaceman

by jspaceman

Here is a pic of the two saddles.

So I take it I don't need a larger clamp with the Kium rails?

ms6073

by ms6073

Is this a new purchase or acquired from a previous owner? If new and the bike is supplied with one of the Bontrager saddles with alloy rails you should be fine.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

jspaceman

by jspaceman

The saddle is a new purchase, and the bike frame it is going on is new (warranty replacement from Trek). But Trek just sent me the frame, fork, and bearings; no saddle.

benhama

by benhama

I have a Fizik Aliante VS K:IUM on the seat mast on my 2014 Trek Madone 7 Series. It all works fine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com