The SM- EWW01 Di2 Wireless Transmitter can be hidden

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morrisond

by morrisond

I just finished a new Mosaic Ti bike with Di2 and we wanted to use the SM - EWW01 transmitter to send the gears and battery level to the Garmin 1000

I didn't want it strapped to the outside of the Seat Stay like Shimano says so I had them enlargen the hole in the headtube used to purge welding gasses from the Top Tube so we could place it in the Top Tube right by the Di2 wire entry port when done by inserting it through the headtube before the Fork was installed.

It worked no problem - The Garmin 1000 picks up the signal through the Ti. I'm guessing as it's so close.

I would guess this would work with most Carbon Monocoque Bikes as the hole is quite large.

IzzyODT

by IzzyODT

Pictures, please

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morrisond

by morrisond

Pictures of the transmitter inside the Top Tube? That might be kind of hard. X-Ray?

IzzyODT

by IzzyODT

If you have one at hand :mrgreen:

Sorry, I misread something in your post - that's why my stupid request.
My bad :doh:

ms6073

by ms6073

morrisond wrote:Pictures of the transmitter inside the Top Tube?
I think that was a request for images of the new bike, not the box inside the tube. :mrgreen:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

jipperd

by jipperd

Where did you connect the EWW01 transmitter to? Shimano states it should be connected straight with the RD and back.

Nevertheless cool job customising [emoji4]

goodboyr

by goodboyr

It will work anywhere on the e tube bus.

morrisond

by morrisond

Correct - it will work anywhere on the bus. I connected it to the BB Junction with the normal Long Wire and then just got a 30cm one to go from the Transmitter out of the TT to the front junction.

Sorry for the confusion on the pics. I don't have finished pics yet - The bike is at Beta stage - we just put it together to make sure it works. The Wheels aren't the final wheels and the Fork/Stem/Bar and various other bits are going in for paint this week. They will all be painted Matte Black with Glossy Black Mosaic script logo on inside of Fork.

It's hard to see the different Finishes on the Ti - the front part above the Polished band is Dark Bead Blasted, below light bead blasted - Graphics and Headbadge and Mosiac Tree Logo on ISP topper are Mirror Polished.

Look at this website on the July 23 post and scroll down to the bottom of the July 23 post - there is a picture of the raw frame (and also another Great Mosaic in the Post) http://blacksmithcycle.com/shop/

Attached is a crappy cell phone pic.
Attachments
mosaic.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com