Integrated seatpost on wilier cento 1 sr

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Zimba99

by Zimba99

Hi guys,

I have a wilier cento 1 st. I bought it as secondhand - 5 months old..

It has a ritchey superlogic stubby.

Some month ago, I started to get problems with mh right knee. Therefor I now need to move the saddle up a 2 cm. I already have the stubby at the end of the post. Anybody knows if its possible to get some inserts in carbon or aluminium that aloes me to move the saddle up?? Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot

lannes

by lannes

2cm is quite a long way to extend an ISP, would your seat topper even cover that adjustment distance, it would need to be the 70mm model.

If it's a round ISP post you could try using head tube spacers, but i'm not sure of the diameters required

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

A) 2cm is a long way. How do you know it needs to go that far?

B) What do you mean by 'the end of the post'? If you mean it's at the minimum insert line already then you can't just space it further up, it wouldn't have enough clamping area so you'd need a longer topper. Ritchey should make a 70mm topper for Cento seatmasts, they do for round posts. If there are no spacers in the topper at present then you should be able to move it up. Either way it's probably best to phone a local Wilier or ritchey dealer, or your country's Wilier distributor for availability.

joestralia

by joestralia

Hey Zimba

Yes you can. I have a new Cento1 SR frameset still uncut and It came with extra spacers. These carbon spacers come in 10 mm, 5 mm and 2 mm. You can actually raise the seat topper by about 30 mm without violating the minimum insert line.

So if the Ritchey topper is 70 mm, and the min insert line measures 40 mm, then you have a whole 30 mm to play with. But you will need these spacers; they are the exact shape of the ISP (a truncated airfoil) and any other won't work. You may damage the ISP.

It also came with a plastic "guide" which I'm still trying to figure out what it's purpose is! If any other Weenies' out there knows, then please enlighten me.

Try asking Wilier for these, or try asking the guy you bought the frameset from if he has a 20 mm section of the ISP leftover.

By the way, what BB cups are in your BB?

Peace ~ Joe

wingguy

by wingguy

I have a new Cento1 SR frameset still uncut...

It also came with a plastic "guide" which I'm still trying to figure out what it's purpose is!

Cutting, most likely :wink: