De Rosa bikes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sychen

by sychen

Not a brand that gets lots of exposure here. Want to see peoples opinion of them?

Looking at a very good deal on a new 2014 idol frameset.

Bit hesitant to jump as I have no experience and cannot get a test ride before I buy.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

There have been a bunch of DeRosa's that popped up on the board recently so run a search and perhaps reach out to those owners. I only have experience with their steel and alu frames and that experience has been very positive. DeRosa is an iconic brand for sure. It lost its way for a few years a while back and some of their carbon frames had issues then. I get the impression that DeRosa has invested a lot of effort and come a long way to addressing all of those issues and their new frames are looking good. You may not have a ton of feedback here on the Idol or other models as DeRosa's are not known to be hyper light, but ride quality has always been solid. The Idol has been a workhorse model / design for DeRosa for a number of years and I would suspect that you will be happy with the frame, especially if you are getting a solid deal. If the geometry suits you, then give it a shot. You looking at the caliper or disc brake version?

PuroScattista

by PuroScattista

have only a few DeRosa's out here even in Italy.. yes they're around, but definitely a rarity even around their hometown here. No matter which DeRosa you go for, trust me they are head turners and convo starters

Geoff

by Geoff

Nice bikes, but really difficult to get parts for...

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

they make fabulous bikes and they are handmade and painted in italy. very easy to deal with. call them directly (if you speak italian). they also speak some english.

Tricky1

by Tricky1

A dream bike for me for the last 30 years, so beautiful to me. We have a dealer near by with a few road and tt frames/bikes. Actually met Ugo, his son and Eddy Merckx all together about 20 years ago. Hope it works for you.

micky

by micky

I personally got the opinion of very elegant and nice presented bikes although lately his son made a few mistakes with some models which with a brand like this should never happen.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Geoff wrote:Nice bikes, but really difficult to get parts for...

In what way? DeRosa dealers have been very attentive in my experience in both North America and EU.

Geoff

by Geoff

I have been trying to line-up a seatmast and frame-bits kit for a King 3... No such luck.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

geoff, you can make a spare seatpost that goes into the seatmast using a woodman el post, with a use shim. the bolts are a standard allen bolt.