Token cassettes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nojiri

by nojiri

Anyone using Token's racing cassetes with the titanium - scandium - 7075 cogset mix? Do they shift as smoothly as Campy UD cassettes? How many km do you have on them and how is the wear so far?

Cheers! - nojiri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

topcarbon

by topcarbon

Nothing shifts as well as Campy. Spend the extra and save the headaches of missed shifts and skipping chains on the cog.

nojiri

by nojiri

topcarbon wrote:Nothing shifts as well as Campy...

That IS my main concern. If it doesn't shift well I'd gladly give up the 70g savings...

Frasertri

by Frasertri

nojiri wrote:Anyone using Token's racing cassetes with the titanium - scandium - 7075 cogset mix? Do they shift as smoothly as Campy UD cassettes? How many km do you have on them and how is the wear so far?

Cheers! - nojiri

I have reported this in another post, but I had TERRIBLE experience with the Token cassette skipping under load! I ended up sending it back and changing for a Cycle Dynamics.

The CD cassette only clost $10 more (from FairWheelBikes) and it is Ti, so will be much more durable. Jason at FWB told me that the Token (a relabeled KCNC unit) supposedly works better with a KMC X10 chain. It was asolutely crap with my Campy Ultra chain. All parts were brand new in my experience - I was building a new bike.

shabbasuraj
Shop Owner

by shabbasuraj

nojiri wrote:Anyone using Token's racing cassetes with the titanium - scandium - 7075 cogset mix? Do they shift as smoothly as Campy UD cassettes? How many km do you have on them and how is the wear so far?

Cheers! - nojiri

Campy is smooth.

cut and paste

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=169911

Sybarite

by Sybarite

Go with the Campy full ti cassette to save weight. The Tokens, KCNC, shift horribly compared to Campy originals.

Aggeiman

by Aggeiman

Their have seen some machining problems with the Token cassettes in the past causing some chain skipping as mentioned, but they have continuely been modifying the design to try to alleviate the problems.

I have personally been using the Token Ti+Sc+alloy 11/21 Campagnolo for everyday use for a few months now.

The cassette does shift different than Campagnolo UD, due to the way the cogs are designed, but ok. Some may not like the shifting feel because it is a little different than UD. The rear derailler can be a little harder to adjust to get it to shift well.

The wear life is supposed to be around 6000 miles. This will all depend greatly on individual use and maintenance.

Hope this helps.

Ernie
Professional Cycling Discount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com