2015 Super Record mechanical component weights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Permon

by Permon

Sorry, if it has been discussed before.... 2015 Super Record mechanical component weights bellow.
I do not see any weight decrease comparing the current version. :noidea:

Shifters – 344g
Brake calipers – 122g (single pivot) and 155g (dual pivot)
Crankset – 620g (w/o connecting bolt)
Front Der. – 74g
Rear Der. – 161g
Casssette – 200g (11-27)

More details here http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/06/23/2015-campagnolo-chorus-eps-super-record-mechanical-tech-overview-actual-weights/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Campy would seem to be going for little improvements in operation, rather than weight.

The writer of that piece seems not to know much about his subject. I picked out:

The other big change is that the brakes get their dual-pivot design for improved power.

as though this was a new thing for Chorus.

The bearings come stock on the crank spindle, which then press directly into the BB shell

In discussing the Ultratorque crankset.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

TedStriker

by TedStriker

Any word on a release date?

Permon

by Permon

October 2014

TedStriker

by TedStriker

Cheers. Just about to build a bike with Record, though not sure if I should wait (not for the upgraded group, but for the old stock to drop in price)

kac

by kac

Pardon my gross stupidity, but this sentence in the "Bike Rumor" article struck me and I could certainly benefit from another interpretation: "Up front, the shifters use a new cam ratio for the derailleurs to work with the new designs." Does this imply that the new derailleurs require the new shifters, as well?

Thanks,
KAC

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Here's the whole quote which i also had trouble with

Up front, the shifters use a new cam ratio for the derailleurs to work with the new designs. One of the big questions we couldn’t wrap our heads around was how you’d use a taller lever on the front derailleur and have less shifter lever movement. The revised cam ratios pull far more cable per shift, so you get more leverage over the front derailleur with a shorter lever throw.

When it comes to leverage, there's no free lunch, so this doesn't really make sense. What's a "cam ratio" anyway in the context of a Campy shifter?
Campy have messed with FD's and left shifters once before with Quickshift. But it wasn't such a big change that there was still backward compatibility.

Writer nether sounds technically oriented or at all familiar with Campy, so we are going to have to wait for a more coherent explanation.

One.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Velonews has this on the new FD which also makes no sense.

The front derailleur now has a longer lever arm, just like Shimano’s 9000 group, which requires less force, and therefore less movement of the shift lever, to switch from little to big chain ring. The outer cage on the Super Record and Record front derailleur is made of carbon composite; the outer cage on the Chorus FD is aluminum.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/07/bikes-and-tech/reviews/first-ride-campagnolo-revolution-11-mechanical-groupset_336976

One.

spud

by spud

I think they should have said that the lever arm on the FD is longer, but due to its orientation, its effective length changes during the stroke from small ring to big ring. The first part of the cable pull is acting on an effectively short lever arm, so it translates into a large displacement of the cage. As the lever swings down, it effectively becomes longer, allowing for reduced cable tension in order to move the cage that last bit over to the big ring.

In any case, it likely calls for slightly more cable pull at the shift lever, thus the incompatibility.

kbbpll

by kbbpll

The shell covers the backside of the bearings, which is why you’re seeing them without a seal here. They say it makes service much easier since you can just flush fresh grease in if you want.
The first sentence might imply there is a seal that you just don't see. And it's light oil, not grease. Crank weight without bolt? Huh.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mangheesuk

by mangheesuk

i Think so...