Look Keo Carbon CrMo rocking

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

plutonas

by plutonas

Hello all,

I have a pair of Look Keo Carbon CrMo, and notice that my left foot can move a bit up and down with a slight noise in the pedal. I tried both shoes with both pedals, and it seems that there is a pedal issue, no shoe does this on the right pedal, and both do it on the left one. Looking a bit closer, it seems that the movement occurs at the top of the cleat: if I click in the left shoe by hand, turn the pedal upside down and try to reproduce this movement by hand, it seems that there is some play on the front of the cleat, while the rear can not move up and down. However I removed the pedals and although they both have "heavy usage marks" I don't see any real difference between the left and right ones that would explain this. Pictures attached.

My questions are:
1. Is there some other possibility except that the left pedal is worn off? Is it normal for one of the pedals to wear off?
2. Is there perhaps an easy fix or should I look for a replacement?

Thanks,
plutonas

ImageImage
AC/DC -Monsters of Rock-

N.T

by N.T

1. No, yes
2. new pedals
Fuelled by kofein

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

plutonas

by plutonas

Just wanted to report back. New pedals arrived today, and the problem is fixed. It is funny that it feels as if different muscles are used while pedaling :P.
AC/DC -Monsters of Rock-