Ultegra 11-32 11 speed cassette verified compatible w campy

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bantamben

by Bantamben

I've been riding campy for a few years and much prefer it to shimano I tried DA 9000 last year and didn't like it so went back to campy. But I wanted to try a 11-32 cassete as I live in a really hilly area with a bunch of fun climbs with large sections over 12% grade. So I threw a 11-32 on my powertap wheel (I already had a spare shimano freehub left from the da9000 days) and threw it on the bike. I had ordered a long cage athena derailuere (triple) and was planning on using that too. To my surprise it shifted great perfect actually just as good as my previous 12-29 super record cassette. I didn't even need to change the derailuer. I will say the setup I have with 50/34-11-32 is maxed out and if you had 52/36 or 53/39 I'm sure you would need the triple rear derailuer. Just wanted to confirm that shimano 11 cassettes are perfectly compatible.
Here's a pic of my bike with the 11-32

Edit: if it's for sale, please post in the appropriate forum.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

I'd love to see a pic of the whole bike.

dj97223

by dj97223

that big-big combination just does not look right.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

Bantamben

by Bantamben

Yeah it's too big for that combination the picture makes it look worse but I just shifted into it there in the house. I didn't ride in that combo. For perfection you put the triple rear derailuer on it and add a few links to the chain. I have a brand new athena triple I was gonna put on it but I decided to sell the bike as stated above. Just wanted to show that the shifting quality was good with the ultegra cassette just gives more options.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

The big-big is just wrong! What does it look like on big-second sprocket?

On small-small it does look like you could add a couple of links.

Bantamben

by Bantamben

Yeah it actually shifts into all gears great I rode it but avoided maxing out either low low or high but you could for sure. The athena 11 triple derailuer has the longer cage and was what I was gonna put on this too accomadate this gearing. But mainly I just wanted to show it was possible even in this extreme setup if you threw an 11-28 ultegra cassette you can buy for 70$ at any shop your set to go with and it shifts great.

Ritterview

by Ritterview

I started using a Shimano 11-32 on our Athena-equipped triple (52-39-30) tandem. It's worked great. 12-29 wasn't enough, and I had to resort to a 28t inner ring, which caused its own problems.

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

on which freewheel body i can fit a 11-32 Ultegra cassette ?

only on a 11 speed shimano FW body ?
http://eliflap.it/

Ritterview

by Ritterview

eliflap-scalpel wrote:on which freewheel body i can fit a 11-32 Ultegra cassette ?

only on a 11 speed shimano FW body ?

Yes, I had to change out freewheel body on my DT Swiss 240s Disc rear hub.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com