Aftermarket ceramic jockey wheels for dura ace 9000/9070

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tantra

by tantra

I have tried several aftermarket hybrid-ceramic jockey wheels (HSC, KCNC and Enduro) on my 9000 equipped bike. NONE of them shift as well as the original Shimano jockey wheels. I think this is because the other wheels are thicker (8.0-8.6 mm) than the Shimano wheels (7.5 mm). Has anyone found aftermarket jockey wheels that shift well on the 9000 rear derailleur?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maxxevv

by maxxevv

It isn't the thickness so much as the teeth profiling that Shimano does.

There are some very minute details that you'll only see when you put two new ones ( shimano and aftermarket) next to each other.

Note too that the upper and lower pulleys on Shimano RD's are different in profile and cross section, though at first glance, they look the same. Whereas almost all aftermarket ones are identical for both upper and lower pulleys. There are differences and if inspected closely, probably why Shimano made the effort to do that too

So, its quite a futile search. If you must, get one of those that are made in delrin rather than metal. At least they will run quieter.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

I run 11/13 full ceramic HSC jockey wheels in my 9000 rear and it works flawless. The carbon has been perfectly fine to clean the chain gunk out of as well.
Just ride ..

tantra

by tantra

itsacarr wrote:I run 11/13 full ceramic HSC jockey wheels in my 9000 rear and it works flawless. The carbon has been perfectly fine to clean the chain gunk out of as well.

You use a 13t wheel on the bottom in a 9000 rd? I never knew that would fit.

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Please give us more info on which HSC ceramic jockey wheels you have fitted. Sounds interesting. I'm also interested knowing how the 13T fits

Parlee Z5, Trek Madone, Colnago Dream,
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I use Tiso 11T and Fiber-lyte carbon mech plate. Works great but i notice no benefit from it.
Fouriers has a new set, 11T + 15T which seems to be a sneak version of Berners 13T+15T.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com