But I'm not really sure about the durability of the coating/treatment/whatever. There was a thread a few months back about Exalith coatings being worn away and silver patches on the brake tracks. The people in that thread pointed out that riding in rain aggravated the issue, probably due to dirt and sand finding its way on the wheel and brake tracks.
I'm not meaning to say this technology is the same as Exalith or it will degrade the same way Exalith did, but still, it's a treatment applied from the surface and can only go so deep.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm also not sure, but it would be great if it did work. I was searching around and it seems like this company is the one that fits the description for this tech: Keronite (go to it's dot com)
There is a page - What-is-Plasma-Electrolytic-Oxidation? And some other interesting stuff taken from a PDF.
* Enhanced braking performance and extended rim life
* 66% lighter sprockets using Keronite-treated aluminium in place of steel
* 10g shaved off Keronite-treated aluminium wheel rims
* Reduced micro-cracking around spoke eyelets to double component life
* 20g off die-cast magnesium forks with reduced wear and corrosion
* Ideal base for seamlessly bonding frame halves of innovative new cycle
* 1380g magnesium rims now wear and corrosion resistant with strong paint adhesion
* Magnesium suspension rocker link now has superior corrosion protection
* Proven as an excellent carbon to aluminium or magnesium pre-treatment
Today I have a good deal on some Shamal Ultras, but the new Shamal Mille just might be worth waiting a couple of months for.
The only reason I'm in this situation, is that my Racing Zeros are not as laterally stiff as I would like. They rub the breaks more than other cheap wheels that I have. They are nice wheels and have taken hits from unseen pot holes. My Dura Ace C35s only wish they could be as strong. So, I hoped perhaps it's just my wheels and all the others are good.
I might just get them anyway and test that lateral stiffness. If they aren't as good or better than my Racing Zeros, I'll just send them back.