2014 Specialized Tarmac SL4 - Comp vs. Expert Di2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kanto

by kanto

Hi there, have bought a Specialized Tarmac SL4 - Comp size XS (49 cm, for my son) i have replaced the wheels with fulcum racing zero in order to reduce the weight, and now the complete weight is 17lb 8oz, and i find it rather heavy.

I can see on other sites that measured weight for Expert Di2 is 16lb 14oz and the Comp is – 17lb 9oz, the weight of the Di2 group is higher that the normal Ultegra, so I was thinking that there might also be difference in the frame.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/07/20/2013-specialized-road-cyclocross-triathlon-bikes-complete-overview-actual-weights/

Does anybody have any information about this

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dunbar42

by dunbar42

When I researched the Roubaix SL4 the consensus was the the Comp frame is 100-150g heavier than the Expert. The equipment differences on the SL4 Tarmac Comp vs. Expert are:

- Crank set (FSA Gossamer Pro vs. SL-K Light).
-Brakes (Axis 2.0 vs. Ultegra 6800)
-Little stuff like tires, saddle, stem, bars and seat post could add up

The Fulcrum S5 wheels are 1760g which isn't light but it's not 2000g either. The 2013 bike weights you linked to are for 10sp Ultegra vs. 10sp Di2. It will be hard to do an apples-to-apples comparison of 6800 vs. 6870 since your bike doesn't have a complete Ultegra group set.