Link Cable Housings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

GreenGoat93

by GreenGoat93

I've seen a lot of bikes on the web recently that have these different types of cable housing, also had a look at Jagwires new 'Elite Link' cable sets. Know what I'm talking about? The link type of cables. Apparently they are lighter but they do also look sweet! My question is (especially to anyone who has this type of housing) do they keep out dirt/contaminants? I live in a industrial town with coal dust floating around all the marina/city center (Gladstone QLD AUS) and if I was to get this housing I wouldn't want to get that crap in it. And washing it after every 2 rides will wear out the lube maybe? I don't know everything about housing so if anyone had and knowledge about this I would greatly appreciate it.
-Trek Madone 6 Series SSL 2012 with Sram Red 22 and American Classic Aero 420 wheels
-Bombrack Divide 2013
Also
Metho Everything!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lannes

by lannes

A lot of the link cable housing designs have a full length liner tubing and you thread the links over this, from an operational view point this is pretty similar to normal outer cables, so the dust ingestion would be the same.