Ciamillo Again

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

snailmale

by snailmale

Paypal just extended its refund period to 6 months instead of the previous 45 days - I'm not sure if this has a retroactive effect. On the other hand, I've just had a terrible experience with Paypal as a seller, so I can't say I have a lot of confidence in them either. But there's no harm trying, I suppose.

spookyload

by spookyload

I should have known better when I had to pry a set of "in stock" brakes out him two months after paying for them. I needed a second set of pad holders and a replacement nut for the micro pad holders however, so I went for broke. Spoke with him on the phone and he said he could get the parts to me by the following Wednesday. Should have known better. That was 20 September. I will simply post the emails below so others can be warned with how he works. He will drag a transaction out to the point you can't file a claim with paypal. Ball is all in his court. If you really want to buy his brakes, do it from ebay so you know you will actually get them. He is working by himself now, so he doesn't even have employees making bad product he can blame. I plan on filing a Better Business Bureau as well in Georgia.

21 Sep
Ted,
I got some Micro brakes from you this spring. Love them. I had a little issue with the silver square piece inside the pad holder getting cross threaded today. I am falling back for now to use a pad holder off my zero gravity brakes, but I would love to buy another one of the parts I stripped. It is the little square nut inside the pad holder. To make it worth shipping I would love to get a whole second set of pad holders too for front and rear. I am switching pads out these days for two sets of wheels (one carbon, one not) and I think having a whole second set of pad holders would make this a lot easier.
The zero gravity pad holders seem to be holding for now, but I would rather be using the right parts for the brakes. I left the spherical washers off when I installed the gen 1 zero gravity pad holders and it worked. Is there any chance this is a common part I can find at a LBS? I have a race next weekend and realize the parts can't get here from you that fast.

21 Sep
Hi,
Sure, I can get those out for you tomorrow and the replacement nut. Priority mail should have it to you by Wednesday! I will send over a Paypal invoice now.
Thanks,
Ted

12 Oct
Hi Ted.
Realized you might not have my address to mail the pad holders. I paid about a month ago, but didn't see anywhere my address is in there. It should be:

14 Oct
Hi Matt,
Sorry for the delays. Here is the tracking info:

22 Oct
That number isn't coming up with any tracking info. Have been able to ship the pad holders and backing nut?

4 Nov
Any updates. It has been a couple weeks. I could really use the parts.

5 Nov
I am checking on the tracking with USPS now. I will get back to you in 24 hours.
Ted

24 Nov
Any updates. It has been 19 days since you said you would get back to me in 24 hours.

9 Dec
Ted,
Do you plan on shipping the pad holders to me? I really need the nut for the inside of the pad holder if nothing else. I have a set of useless brakes without the nut.

9 Dec
I sent those out a while ago - I will check on it in the morning.

9 Dec
Using the tracking number provided, it only shows as a pre-shipment. Never mailed.

15 Dec
Ted, please mail these parts. I really need them for a build that has now been sitting for three months. If you can't provide the brake pad holders, at the very least I could finish the build with the nut for the brake pad bolt.

Crickets since then. I am going to go with the public shaming to try and get my $90 back from him. As those who have dealt with him know, he won't answer his phone, and you get an automated response email from him. How shitty is his business model that he can't even deliver a nut for a brake pad and a set of pad holders?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

NSS :roll:
Official cafe stop tester

BRM

by BRM

Every 2 weeks there is here a new Caimillo rant. :?

phatphuk

by phatphuk

...That's because there's one born every minute.

It reminds me of what my gramps used to say..."Boy! He saw you comin'"!

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Hard to feel angry about Ted anymore. I just feel sorry for so many consumers who refuse to believe there are Ted's in the world.

mattr

by mattr

Wonder if it's worth reporting the thread and getting the spelling of Teds name corrected (Ciamillo isn't it?) might show up on a few more Google searches then.

jmocallaghan
in the industry

by jmocallaghan

If you're having a problem with Ciamillo delivery and you have "not" paid, do drop me a note. We're going to pick up North American distribution for Ciamillo in the coming months of limited products to include their brakes, and brake replacement parts. You will not be billed by us until they are ready to be sent to you with product on hand. Drop us a line at info@irishcycles.com . This was done in conjunction with Ted's restructuring in order to ensure people get what they pay for. We expect to have our web presence to support this rehashed in short order. We've been dealing with Ted thru the highs and lows of his business and feel strongly enough his restructuring will fix prior problems. However, restructuring takes time and customers simply don't want a lot of talk, they want product and that is where we step in.

noctilux

by noctilux

I hope this works out soon. I have 3 ciamillo sets and almost bought a set of EE's but decided to get the offer at the website some 6 months ago. Last reply from Ted was 2 months ago stating that the new set was just finished and about to be sent out in a weeks time.

jmocallaghan wrote:If you're having a problem with Ciamillo delivery and you have "not" paid, do drop me a note. We're going to pick up North American distribution for Ciamillo in the coming months of limited products to include their brakes, and brake replacement parts. You will not be billed by us until they are ready to be sent to you with product on hand. Drop us a line at info@irishcycles.com . This was done in conjunction with Ted's restructuring in order to ensure people get what they pay for. We expect to have our web presence to support this rehashed in short order. We've been dealing with Ted thru the highs and lows of his business and feel strongly enough his restructuring will fix prior problems. However, restructuring takes time and customers simply don't want a lot of talk, they want product and that is where we step in.

mattr

by mattr

I wonder how badly he'll pull your pants down?

Hope you have a well written contract with him, that you are willing to enforce.
Last edited by mattr on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmocallaghan
in the industry

by jmocallaghan

We can help you get the parts if you don't already have an order with him and you're not billed until we are ready to ship. If we don't have in stock, you're not billed. I think we can all agree there was a serious problem with delivery for him for a bit and the cranks are a massive undertaking to do correctly. Customer's do not have time to wait and given that, people's responses are completely understandable. However, he's realized, and restructured. Completely rebuilding your business model is one of the hardest things in the word to do but he is. We all know the product is good in terms of the brakes - why people still enjoy and want them. Here is what I can tell you about the other stuff:

- Cranks: Probably 3 mos out or more. Complete change to the axle assembly was necessary in where it meets the crank.

- 2015 Gravitas: Probably 2 mos out and limited production.

- GSL and Micro repair parts: on hand

- Micros. On hand

glepore

by glepore

I hope this works out for you. I'm an EE user in part because I couldn't get Micros that I paid for (I did manage to cancel the cc transaction). I'm not sure how to feel about Ted but the product is another matter.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

spookyload

by spookyload

Best of luck to you Irishcycles. Ted has tried that once before with Carbonlord and it was short lived due to promises and deadlines not being kept. I was able to get paypal to conference call with Kristi at Ciamillo Artisans, and she assured me my package would ship today. Fingers crossed.

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Irishcycles, at this point why even attempt to help out a company that is ran by a true, unashamed, piece of shit thief? If anything retailers and customers should do everything in their power to run him into the ground.

Now, if someone were to buy him out and take over. I could get behind that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com