Ciamillo Again

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

farm_lim

by farm_lim

positive update.
as able to get thru on the phone with ted despite the timezone difference and asked him to issue the refund asap.
he obviously has tons of things to sort out as he was even asking what item and how much i paid, instead of looking for my order slip.
be careful boys.

hope the others in this thread manage to sort their transactions with him.

you cant buy fitness, but you can buy advantage.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shotgun

by shotgun

I reached out to his Asian distributor, who promptly forwarded my urgent email in which he said that "We have another customer asking for the brakes.."

Spoke to him regarding my orders the other night, he said they're almost complete and will be sent out by Thursday, or Friday at the latest. He called me back after I sent more details of the order. He did call me back, which I thought was kinda positive, was very apologetic but then asked what exact orders he owed me. He really needs to get things in order.

If it isn't shipped out by this week, I'll have to ask for a refund.

My order was from February. I think I would have given him enough time to have sorted things out in 8 months :(
2018 Giant TCR Advance SL0 Disc
2017 Festka Scalatore
1989 Battaglin Roche
1985 Alan Carbonio

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I am in bicycle industry,luckily I did not believe Ted and pay him for the 30 sets micro + 15 sets Gravitas order in advance and waiting for his shipping.

Ted replied earlier:
[ I would suggest doing a Paypal transaction for 15 sets of the Micros. I can guarantee an active tracking number by 24 hours or you can simply file a dispute. There is really no risk as I have these ready to go. After you receive the first order we can do the second.]

Guys,do you believe him ?

ms6073

by ms6073

InoxEPS wrote:Ted replied earlier:
There is really no risk as I have these ready to go. After you receive the first order we can do the second.]

Is he at Interbike this week? If so, how can those parts be 'ready to go'? I have no irons in this fire having never ordered/used any of the products in question but from reading all the replies in this and other threads, if he has that kind of stock levels, how come so many complaints about not receiving orders?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

dogg

by dogg

coz hes a shit businessman

kbbpll

by kbbpll

This thread reads like ransom negotiations in a kidnapping.

glepore

by glepore

He's an interesting guy, for sure. About a month after I cancelled my transaction, and around the time that he announced his change in operational plans, I received a voicemail from him asking how I liked the brakes and if I needed anything. Given that they never shipped, I thought this was strange. Reading here, I've come to believe that the disorganization level is so high that he'll never catch up so long as he continues to accept orders. I don't think he's a crook-he just is hopeless. He needs to shut down, fulfill existing orders, and then reopen the storefront.

The product is nice, and the new pricepoints are attractive, but its apparently business as usual.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

la rosa

by la rosa

He needs to shut it down for good.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

glepore wrote:He's an interesting guy, for sure. About a month after I cancelled my transaction, and around the time that he announced his change in operational plans, I received a voicemail from him asking how I liked the brakes and if I needed anything. Given that they never shipped, I thought this was strange. Reading here, I've come to believe that the disorganization level is so high that he'll never catch up so long as he continues to accept orders. I don't think he's a crook-he just is hopeless. He needs to shut down, fulfill existing orders, and then reopen the storefront.

The product is nice, and the new pricepoints are attractive, but its apparently business as usual.

This seems like the problem to me as well. How can he not know who ordered what, and who canceled? He must have a horrible system in place. I would be that he just gets an email for each order, and he has no other system of keeping track of them. I ran an online business by myself and I used Shopify as the storefront and it was amazing. Maybe he needs something like that in place to help with order. Dunno.

SimonCHAN

by SimonCHAN

I checked with this guy and was advised he have Micros ready to ship before paid by PayPal (Sep 16)
I Informed him after paid and requested for tracking number.
No respond after a week and I asked for refund if he had difficult to ship to me by Friday.
I told him that I would open a dispute if he did not refund no send an active tracking code to me by Friday.
A tracking code was received on Sep 25 but status remained as "Pre-shipment info sent to USPS" at Friday evening.
I asked Ted for advice and proof of post but no replay.
I opened a dispute to PayPal and Ted refunded me and told me not to attempt to buy from him again.

I want to share the following view:
1. Ted is Ted and he won't change.
2. Must set a strict deadline and file dispute promptly.
3. Do not waste time to test your luck with Ted.

SimonCHAN

la rosa

by la rosa

Wow, same as always.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Excellent business model. "Do not attempt to buy from me again"
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mloody

by mloody

I ordered at teda brakes in April 2014 and until now I have no goods or money. Originally posted brazenly that sent the goods. Later he would send him over the model gsl. In October, I asked for a refund. To this day, nothing. I do not know what to do now. Help please. A Ciamillo is a fu.....g cheater.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

With all the issues Ted has had and all the information about him on this site, it's just hard to feel sorry for all you guys that deal with him.

What you should of done is what everyone said before you ordered the brakes. 'Don't do business with him'.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sparrowlegs

by sparrowlegs

I really wish I'd seen these posts before contacting and paying for a set of micros.

I've got some older Zero Gs and love them but a new set of wider-rimmed wheels meant I couldn't use them.

I was suckered in with an "offer" and paid for them immediately.

Been waiting over 3 months now.

The guys a rip-off merchant and needs to be stopped from taking further orders.

I've requested a refund several times and each time been told he'd had issues but the brakes are in the post.

Ted man, if you're reading this, just stop. Stop taking orders, stop making brakes, just stop.

If this keeps just one person from buying a set then I'll feel a little better but as of this moment I'm feeling pretty crappy.

I paid through Paypal, is there any way I can get my money back?

Thanks.