HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ciamillo Again
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:25 pm 

Very, very sorry to read the final verdict ... here's to hoping each of you get what you deserve.

If I never read another Ted / Ciamillo screw job aka hollow promise post again, it'll be too soon.

My ~9.3kg / ~20.5lb Scale 29 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:52 pm 

BRM wrote:
Shallowhal wrote:
mattr wrote:
Shallowhal wrote:
I don't agree with that, at least for the UK

Doesn't matter if you don't agree. It's still European consumer law.

There are slight variations across the EU, but the core of it is the same. Your contact is with the person you give the money to.

Show me where it says in European consumer law that any and all warranties are assumed by the retailer and not the manufacturer and I'll gladly stand corrected.

You better invest yourself in information before bringing things in discussion.
You started with mixing two diferent things and therefore you confuse yourself.

1] There is the warranty from the manufacturer, which is 2 years minimum.
2] As a buyer you have a legal binding contract (purchasing-contract) with the seller.
This contract comes with a set of rights and obligations that goes much further than that earlier mentioned 2 years warranty.

Your point 2 has been covered on numerous occasions on UK consumer programmes. In the UK if you buy a faulty item you send it back to the seller who has to put it right, or give you a refund.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:52 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:00 pm 

Slightly off topic here,

Would anyone know if the Micro has the same new user friendly play adjustment and the new centre bolt bearing surface as the GSL 2014 ?

It doesnt say on the website and not sure if I would get an honest answer from the man himself anyway !

Ta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:43 am 

Hawkwood wrote:
BRM wrote:
You better invest yourself in information before bringing things in discussion.
You started with mixing two diferent things and therefore you confuse yourself.

1] There is the warranty from the manufacturer, which is 2 years minimum.
2] As a buyer you have a legal binding contract (purchasing-contract) with the seller.
This contract comes with a set of rights and obligations that goes much further than that earlier mentioned 2 years warranty.

Your point 2 has been covered on numerous occasions on UK consumer programmes. In the UK if you buy a faulty item you send it back to the seller who has to put it right, or give you a refund.

Hawkwood, if you buy a faulty item then you return it to the seller, that's quite right. If that item develops a fault after the first six months then then it's up to the buyer to provide sufficient evidence that the item was faulty at the time of purchase.

BRM, before you start suggesting that I should invest in information, I asked where in law it says that the retailer assumes responsibility for all warranties. You haven't shown me that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:05 am 

Shallowhal wrote:
Hawkwood, if you buy a faulty item then you return it to the seller, that's quite right. If that item develops a fault after the first six months then then it's up to the buyer to provide sufficient evidence that the item was faulty at the time of purchase.

BRM, before you start suggesting that I should invest in information, I asked where in law it says that the retailer assumes responsibility for all warranties. You haven't shown me that.

A couple of years ago I was driving a colleague who is a judge to a conference. During the journey she phoned the customer service department of a well know UK retailer concerning a washing machine that had failed when just out of its two-year warranty. The service adviser tried to say that as the machine was out of warranty it had nothing further to do with her company. The judge quoted the Sale of Good Act of 1979, stating that the goods were not fit for purpose, she won the argument! I understand the machine was replaced. I should add there was a serious defect with the washing machine, it didn't fail through overuse, and that it was a quality brand where in theory you wouldn't expect it to pack in after just two years. I probably helps if you're a judge as well!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 am 

Shallowhal wrote:

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... -goods-act
There's a summary for you, knock yourself out.
Which wrote:
Your rights are against the retailer – the company that sold you the product – not the manufacturer, and so you must make any claim against the retailer.

Any warranty the manufacturer advertises or provides simply means that the retailer can get their money back (eventually) when the retailer has sorted your warranty goods out. A manufacturer denying you a warranty claim is simply their expert* telling the retailer that the failure is not due to faulty goods, its either wear and tear or misuse. So they advise the retailer to reject the customers warranty claim, as the manufacturer (or importer) won't reimburse the retailer.
Some bigger retailers (with more cash) may simply honour the warranty anyway, as it makes them look good. Same with some manufacturers experts*, they may advise that they will cover the replacement goods. As it costs them bugger all in the grand scheme of things.

*I say "experts" with my tongue firmly in cheek, as most of them are simply following a checklist, or have a series of guidelines as to what is ok and what isn't. This usually doesn't cause any problems as the customer has even less "expertise" than the person on the other end of the phone.
If you want to push a bit harder with a rejected warranty, you need to read and understand the SOGA and get your own expert.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:12 am 

here's my ciamillo non-delivery timeline.
may 22- ordered GSL micro (when the ciamillo website still had an online shop with direct payment). shipping is to hong kong.
may 29- finally managed to get thru with ted after countless emails and call. said item is under production (when it wa tagged as available in the webshop) and will ship the Tuesday after (june3). will continue to call and send him emails for updates, no reply.
june 10- ted sent an email (the first, aside from the auto-replies) that the package was returned by usps and asked me to submit again the address details which I promptly did.
june 15- ted sent a pre-shipment tracking number. number not working even after 2 weeks.
june 28- email from ted that 'I am taking it down to the post tonight and will have everything verified' after almost 2 weeks from the pre-shipment number he gave.
july 14- after countless emails again and trying to reach him on the phone, ted sent an email of 'machine issues the past days, will take the package down to post and will have tracking in the morning'.
july 16- ted sent another pre-shipment tracking number with upgraded shipping to priority. still not working.
august 22- after another round of emails and calls, ted sends an email that 'package is stuck in Atlanta because of a label problem, will drive down to sort it out'.
august 26- ted email that package is on the way 'again.
august 29- ted's answering machine is full.

no other words can describe the frustration.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:43 am 

funny the guy is a sponsor on Bikerumor.com (at least the last time I was on the site they were advertising his brakes).

only means one thing: he does have some cash left to refund people.

BUT WAIT, he's probably working on a ton of brakes to send to everyone and clear up his reputation.

*not*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:58 pm 

I had exactly the same problem with you...

farm_lim wrote:
may 22- ordered GSL micro (when the ciamillo website still had an online shop with direct payment). shipping is to hong kong.
may 29- finally managed to get thru with ted after countless emails and call. said item is under production (when it wa tagged as available in the webshop) and will ship the Tuesday after (june3). will continue to call and send him emails for updates, no reply.
june 10- ted sent an email (the first, aside from the auto-replies) that the package was returned by usps and asked me to submit again the address details which I promptly did.
june 15- ted sent a pre-shipment tracking number. number not working even after 2 weeks.
june 28- email from ted that 'I am taking it down to the post tonight and will have everything verified' after almost 2 weeks from the pre-shipment number he gave.
july 14- after countless emails again and trying to reach him on the phone, ted sent an email of 'machine issues the past days, will take the package down to post and will have tracking in the morning'.
july 16- ted sent another pre-shipment tracking number with upgraded shipping to priority. still not working.
august 22- after another round of emails and calls, ted sends an email that 'package is stuck in Atlanta because of a label problem, will drive down to sort it out'.
august 26- ted email that package is on the way 'again.
august 29- ted's answering machine is full.

no other words can describe the frustration.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:08 pm 

mattr wrote:
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... -goods-act
There's a summary for you, knock yourself out.

I won't quote your whole email, but I think I'll need to 'knock my self out' as you still haven't shown me where it says that retailers are responsible for warranties. Your problem is you are mixing up warranty and the sale of goods act. A warranty is something offered by the manufacturer (hence why they are usually referred to as 'manufacturers warranty' as a form of contract between them and the end user. If you'll notice for instance, many manufacturers warranties are around two years. Under the sale of goods act, in order to get a repair or replacement without dispute, you have to return your product within six months. After that time you (the customer) have to prove that the part was faulty at the time of purchase. If you can't then that's where the retailers responsibility ends. However, the manufacturer may replace the part under warranty after the six months has lapsed. As a courtesy, the retailer may help you with that but they are under no obligation to do so.

If you read through the information in that link you highlighted above, you'll notice that the word 'warranty' isn't mentioned anywhere.

Also, dictionary definition of warranty....
a written guarantee, issued to the purchaser of an article by its manufacturer, promising to repair or replace it if necessary within a specified period of time

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:48 pm 

farm_lim wrote:

How did you pay? Sounds like the easiest option left is a credit card chargeback.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:57 pm 

wingguy,
by credit card when the webshop was still up. the card i used has a 30day window on disputing transactions, which is way past. but will try tp ask.
thanks for the tip!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:21 am 

I apologize for this being my first post, but I went thru the same marathon of excuses, lies, and tracking #'s that most have encountered from TC. After 3 months I contacted the credit card company, who just recently refunded me. Frustrating experience.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:29 am 

Good that more people speak up on this guy. He's obviously not that busy gauging from his Facebook updates. I stand by my aim to make sure this guy stops this scam in the cycling community once and for all. Please spread the word!

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:29 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:21 am 

wingguy wrote:
farm_lim wrote:

How did you pay? Sounds like the easiest option left is a credit card chargeback.

i contacted the bank, but the credit card dispute section can only investigate claims for chargeback up to 60days after transaction posting, and its way past.
thanks for the headsup anyway, wingguy!

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next