Fizik arione Donna - weight discrepancy..

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Anyone else have any experience of the woman's range of Fizik saddles? I have had about 6 Ariones (R1, Kurve, Carbon Braided) and they have always been within a reasonable distance of the published weight (never under of course!)

Bought a Donna kium for my daughter and whilst the listed weight was 189g, it came in at 233g - personally I think that is mis-selling!! I have emailed Fizik and the UK importer for an explanation but not expecting much of a response.Image

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

23% off. That would be a return in my book, especially since they clearly advertise it on the box as 189gm.
If you bought it online, the e-tailer may have a no questions asked return policy within a certain period of time from receiving the goods.
Having said that, if the saddle really suits your daughter, then the final weight might be a secondary issue.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yoshirider

by yoshirider

My Fizik saddles have regularly came in around 20g over the claimed weight, but that's nowhere near the discrepancy for your Arione Donna.

Try testing the weight of a known item of yours with the scale. Could be out of calibration perhaps?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Don't believe it's the scales - will try later though. UK importer has asked me to send more photos. I guess they are assuming I have the non-kium model on the wrong packaging.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

UK importer has come back and were quite surprised at the discrepancy. Very helpful though, which is always a bonus!