Want to swap Campy Record Triple for CC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bruceo

by Bruceo

Looking at the new Stronglight cranks someone posted the other day got me thinking. What would it take to swap from my Record triple to a Custom Compact? New front derailer and shift brake unit? Might as well go w/ a down tube shifter then??? How much weight would I save???

Pipe dream maybe but sure look sweet. Thanks for the help.

bianchista

by bianchista

If you have Campagnolo Double/Compact/Triple compatible ErgoPowers, to make the change you will require;-
>Crankset (Compact)
>Bottom Bracket (For Double/Compact)
>Front Derailleur (Compact CT Drivetrain specific)
>Rear Derailleur (See below)

For optimum performance, I would recommend that you also change;-
>Cableset
>Chain
>Cassette

Technicalities;-
>If you have a Triple specific ErgoPower (STI) unit, you will need new Double/Compact/Triple ErgoPowers.
>For the Rear Derailleur, if you have a cassette equal to or smaller than 25t you can use a short cage Rear Derailleur. If your biggest Cassette sprocket is bigger than 25t, you should use medium cage Rear Derailleur.
>The requirement of a new Rear Derailleur is based upon the assumption that you have a long cage Rear Derailleur.
ImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

divve

by divve

There's only one type of Ergopower for double or triple. No need to change those out.

KB

by KB

No need to change the front or rear mech or cassette. I didn't when I changed from a triple to a compact. In fact I also use a normal front and rear mech (not long cage) with a compact. On a normal chainset, the difference in teeth is I think 14 or 15 and there's sure to be a comfort zone. So, running a 34/50's no big deal.