2015 Shimano SH-R321 shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KWalker

by KWalker

So I ordered these to replace my S-Works since my third pair was warrantied in 15 months and they finally gave me a refund.

The shoes look much better in person and kind of cool. Everyone that has seen them has said something like "Whoa, these are really weird, but I like them".

The highlight of the shoe is definitely the overlapping upper. I tightened the straps down super super tight and had 0 noticeable pressure from seams, straps, boa laces, whatever. I tried them on next to S-Works, Lake, Bont, and Sidi side-by-side and found that the biggest plus is that the R321 feels like your entire foot is wrapped by the upper versus two sides being pulled together.The "slipper" feel of the S-Works is definitely taken up a notch with the R321.

I don't want to heat mold the shoes and won't use the stock insoles so I'm not really concerned with those details. Otherwise the shoe feels quite like the R320 with a slightly more pliable upper. The fit is identical and it seems like the vents are slightly bigger.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Nice - that's what I want to hear. I am looking to replace my 320's with the 321 so now to ask for permission from the boss!
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

KWalker

by KWalker

don't ask, just do it, get a "wife receipt" as back-up, and hope she doesn't notice.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Dude, she notices everything!
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

NealH

by NealH

KWalker wrote:So I ordered these to replace my S-Works since my third pair was warrantied in 15 months and they finally gave me a refund.

The shoes look much better in person and kind of cool. Everyone that has seen them has said something like "Whoa, these are really weird, but I like them".

The highlight of the shoe is definitely the overlapping upper. I tightened the straps down super super tight and had 0 noticeable pressure from seams, straps, boa laces, whatever. I tried them on next to S-Works, Lake, Bont, and Sidi side-by-side and found that the biggest plus is that the R321 feels like your entire foot is wrapped by the upper versus two sides being pulled together.The "slipper" feel of the S-Works is definitely taken up a notch with the R321.

I don't want to heat mold the shoes and won't use the stock insoles so I'm not really concerned with those details. Otherwise the shoe feels quite like the R320 with a slightly more pliable upper. The fit is identical and it seems like the vents are slightly bigger.

Thanks for the comments. These will be my next pair of shoes.

seanblurr

by seanblurr

How's the fit on these shoes? Compared to Sidi, or S-Works shoes? I run a 43 in Sidi and 42 in S-Works.
Instagram @seanblurr

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Any idea why we haven't seen much of the 321 in the pro field yet? still seeing lots of 320's .....
Just ride ..

seanblurr

by seanblurr

Quick update as I recently got a pair of these. After heat molding, it is probably the most comfortable shoe I have worn. I really like them, Comparing to Sidi genius5 and S-Works road shoes.
Instagram @seanblurr

Dirty32

by Dirty32

Was a semi indepth review posted in Cycling tips in the last day or so... Probably still wont answer everyone's particular questions, or provide comparison sizing versus xxxxx other manufacturer's shoe, but it might help out a little... More info / opinions are always better than nothing.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/02/shimano-r321-and-r171-shoe-review/

stripes

by stripes

Where are you guys ordering this shoe? I'm having a hard time finding sizes < 41 to try on.

KWalker

by KWalker

I ended up selling mine. Too wide for me. Didn't like them.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

5DII

by 5DII

How is the sizing vs the S Works shoes?

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

I wear a 42 Special Ed and went with a 42.5 with Shimano.

bombertodd

by bombertodd

KWalker wrote:I ended up selling mine. Too wide for me. Didn't like them.

What other shoes fit you better? Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dolophonic

by dolophonic

do these have replaceable heel pads ?