Time skylon

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

And here’s how the saddle move after 2 hours ride Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

Ringo

by Ringo

You have to tighten it more, (gradually) if there’s no indication
XXTi
C60

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

It is over the limit believe me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

lirek15

by lirek15

Hi, I reckon I'd throw my 2 cents in since I've built up a skylon with campy eps a year ago.
Regarding the saddle clamp. I agree, terrible system, I could not get it to stay in place at the specified torque of 8nm. Especially on a carbon railed SLR.
My solution was 10nm of torque and a blue loctite on the bolt (make sure the bolt and clamp is completley clean before application). That seemed to have done the trick.
Calnago, I could not fit the grommet into the rear derailleur exit. I had to slightyly modify it by chopping some material off the ends, then shove it in there with a thin allen key. It stayed put for some time but eventually fell out.
The other issue I experienced with these frames is the seatpost (non translink version). Even under 2 nm of load , the clamp would start to really bite into the post and pinch the pointy end. I went through 3 replacements (Time were aware of this issue and were quick to sort it) but even then it wasn't perfect. I think aero posts in general, and tear drop ones especially are crap for bearing side loads from a clamp but this one was especially bad. A bit of a let down as overall as the finish and ride quality is superb.

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

kgt wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:43 am
I know the carbon clamp was designed for Fizik saddles but it should work perfectly with every carbon saddle.
It should, but it doesn’t. It works perfect on my Fizik braided saddle, but a Prologo Nack rail it was a no go. I’m only 50kg and it moved back all the way while riding on rollers in the house. All saddle makers using carbon rails needs to “texture” the rails.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Magnav65 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:32 pm

as I own an oltre xr2 and look695 the Scylon I would certainly put on the same level and classify in some areas as eaven better :wink: .
I am very happy with the performance as far as I can tell for the moment and of course; it's not one under thousends it stands out :mrgreen:
Would love to hear more about the Scylon vs. Oltre XR2 now that you've had a bit more time to ride it. The XR2 is perhaps my favourite of all the bikes I've owned so far (regret selling it). Honestly I didn't think the ZXRS was all that good, but I still find Time to be an appealing brand and wouldnt mind picking up a red Skylon at some point.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Tom68

by Tom68

There are some good deals on Scylons at the moment which are very tempting. Can I ask a question about sizing?

I am 187cm (just under 6'2) with proportionally long torso but at 50 not fantastic flexibility. I'm torn between a L and an XL. I'm currently on a Neil Pryde Bura SL XL which feels ok but I have put a (slammed) 10cm stem on it. Previously had an XL Look 585 (one of the early ones before they introduced different geometries) with a 12cm stem (originally 13cm but age...) but with a few cms of spacers.

I know stack and reach should simplify these decisions but always good to get real experience too. Thanks.

kgt

by kgt

I would suggest an L with a 12 or 13cm stem considering that the headtube length of the Scylon is long enough for the less flexible riders.
I am 1,825m and I ride an M with a 11cm stem and one 5mm spacer.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

Here's my campy EPS V4 skyline with Bora 50s. A bit portly at 16.46lbs, but rides nice. Not sure how some guys here got theirs at 13.6-15.5lbs. I've got the time cf stem and bars, slr superflow, Bora clinchers, Shimano pd9100 pedals. I realize the activ fork adds ~200g and the campy EPS SR groupset is a tad heavier then mechanical, but still seems like the overall weight should be less. Image

AJS914

by AJS914

Nice! How's the ride?

You have a larger size there (XL?). The guys that get lower weights likely have a small frame, no aktiv fork, and have some weight weenie parts.

kgt

by kgt

It looks great!
Fork, and clinchers, and XL frame add weight.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

kgt wrote:It looks great!
Fork, and clinchers, and XL frame add weight.
Frame is a large.

kgt

by kgt

Yes, but Time's Large is like XL, in practice .

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

kgt wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:09 am
I would suggest an L with a 12 or 13cm stem considering that the headtube length of the Scylon is long enough for the less flexible riders.
I am 1,825m and I ride an M with a 11cm stem and one 5mm spacer.
We are same length. I guess your handlebar have longer reach than mine, mine 70mm + 120mm stem.
Your bikes stack height is lower than mine, but reach is 382mm on mine to.
How high is your dust cap?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

kgt

by kgt

I cannot really answer since that was an old post and I now ride another frame (Time Alpe d'Huez, size M, same geometry more or less). I can give you all the info you need based on my current frame if you want.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com