Time skylon

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

MyM3Coupe wrote:
Calnago wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:13 pm
Either way... that clamp has got to be one of the worst in history.
I agree and it's not just the Skylon. I have a 2015 Time NXS and it's a brilliant bike, but the seat clamp system is garbage. I had a Prologo seat with carbon rails torqued down pretty hard, damn thing moved and damaged the rails. Went with a Fizik Arione with braided carbon rails and all is fine now. Braided rails IMO are a must with Time's crappy clamping setup.
Changing the saddle is not an option. Nor should it have to be. Selle Italia SLR is what it must be. Nothing funky about the carbon rails on this saddle. Just the TIME clamping system leaves a lot to be desired.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Magnav65

by Magnav65

kgt wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:48 pm
I would prefer a Sram crankset and a Time stem. Other than that... it looks nice! Nice weight too.
thanks kgt

regarding the crank, preferences are different and I like the campa crank visually better than the sram.
Shifting gears with the front derailleur is working very well.
The stem is not definite yet. I want to drive a season first and see if I can drive eaven with a slightly more saddle elevation.(compared to the handlebar)
Because the time stem has -10° inclination (actual -6°) then the handlebars will drop about 6-8mm and I would not like to add more spacer below the stem.

dogrange

by dogrange

Sweet ride for sure! I have listed after a Time for a long time and thus sure is a nice one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

Magnav65 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:17 pm
kgt wrote:
I would prefer a Sram crankset and a Time stem. Other than that... it looks nice! Nice weight too.
thanks kgt

regarding the crank, preferences are different and I like the campa crank visually better than the sram.
Shifting gears with the front derailleur is working very well.
The stem is not definite yet. I want to drive a season first and see if I can drive eaven with a slightly more saddle elevation.(compared to the handlebar)
Because the time stem has -10° inclination (actual -6°) then the handlebars will drop about 6-8mm and I would not like to add more spacer below the stem.
I also like the campa crank visually better than the sram. A lot better. What about a full Campagnolo groupset then? IMO your bike deserves it, at least visually.
Enjoy your rides!

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

kgt wrote:
I would prefer a Sram crankset . . .
Yes, if you want an ugly crank that shifts badly.

Magnav65

by Magnav65

kgt wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:02 am
I also like the campa crank visually better than the sram. A lot better. What about a full Campagnolo groupset then? IMO your bike deserves it, at least visually.
Enjoy your rides!
Why not the Campa complete group, ...because I wanted to upgrade from a mechanical to an electrical groupset. But I didn't want an electrical groupset where I had again
the same hustle with cables (and evan a battery installation) like installing a mechanical groupset.
As of know, there is only Sram at the marked with a wireless groupset. Installation , a peace of cake :mrgreen:.
I have already a sram etap installed at another bike, works wery well and i like the switching logic too.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

i have the same problem with toupe carbon saddle . so far i use tape until i find a solution . i need to find i way to make more fat my carbon rails
πατα τραβα ρε

kgt

by kgt

I may send an email to Time asking for this issue. I do not have any issues with my SLR but certainly the fit is not perfect. I know the carbon clamp was designed for Fizik saddles but it should work perfectly with every carbon saddle.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

What about San marco saddle

πατα τραβα ρε

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Time sending a new pair of saddle cups to fix my issue
They are very fast and effective

πατα τραβα ρε

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

πατα τραβα ρε

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

A new pair of saddle clamp “ears”? Have they modified them or are they just sending you a new pair? Because unless they’ve been modified in some way, I have no use for another set that doesn’t work.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

They ask me “ what saddle model I am using “ so they can make them fit with no issues
So yes it is a custom one

πατα τραβα ρε

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Seriously? Well report back with the result please. They wouldn’t even acknowledge there was an issue when I contacted them. But that’s in the US. If yours works, I’m going to go back and insist I want a “custom” clamp as well. What saddle do you have?

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

This one Image

πατα τραβα ρε

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com