Time skylon

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

That's not true at all... Unless you mean that they do not follow silly marketing. No, they don't.
Last edited by kgt on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DavidMLee

by DavidMLee

I wonder how ACTIV fork makes differences when it comes to ride quality give it requires extra dollars on it.
Legend HT 9.5 RED 22
Colnago C60 Super Record
S-Works Tarmac 2016 eTap
S-Works Tarmac 2015 DA
Cervelo R3 2015 UT
Cervelo S2 2014 UT
Spesh Venge Elite 105

leej88

by leej88

DavidMLee wrote:I wonder how ACTIV fork makes differences when it comes to ride quality give it requires extra dollars on it.

I haven't had the chance to test ride the newer Scylon without the Activ fork as my local dealer only brings in the Activ editions.

However, compared to the RXR Ulteam, the Scylon with the activ fork feels a lot more planted upfront and the *edge* in road buzz/vibrations seem *rounded* if that even makes any sense.

cpark

by cpark

Wormiez wrote:I recently completed a Time Skylon Build. Words cannot explain how fast this bike can get up to speed and hold it. It just slices through the wind and maintains top end speed without much effort. As leej88 mentioned, you don't feel the speed until you looked down at the speedometer and look back seeing your mates fall behind. The bike just wants to surge ahead, it feels cheating when the Time is taken out for group rides.

Went with the following build list --

Stem - 3T AERONOVA TEAM Steath
Bar - 3T INTEGRA LTD
Frame - Time Skylon 54"
Pedal - Time Xpresso 10
Groupset - SRAM Etap
Saddle = Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow
Wheelset - Campy Bora One Dark Label Tubular 50
Tires - Veloflex Arenberg 25"

Total Complete Build Weight came in at - 13.15 lbs

Nice looking bike!!!
How much tire clearance do you?
Do you think it will take 28mm tires?

kgt

by kgt

I use 25mm Continental Gatorskins on mine and there are still 6-7mm of clearance.

Wormiez

by Wormiez

I have at least 6MM more clearance. 28mm should fit the frame.

SteveMUSA

by SteveMUSA

CAN ANYONE HELP HAVE INSTALLED CAMPY BB386 CUPS BUT THE DRIVELINE IS NOT CORRECT AFTER CAMPY SUPER RECORD CRANKS INSTALLED. CUPS ARE ON THE CORRECT SIDE. DOES NOT MATTER WHICH REAR COG CHAIN IS ON CHAIN AT A SEVERE ANGLE TO FRONT CHAIN WHEELS. BRAND NEW TIME SCYLON 2017 JUST GOT FRAME AFTER 7 MONTH WAIT.

kgt

by kgt

Welcome
You or whoever installed the groupset did something wrong.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

SteveMUSA wrote:CAN ANYONE HELP HAVE INSTALLED CAMPY BB386 CUPS BUT THE DRIVELINE IS NOT CORRECT AFTER CAMPY SUPER RECORD CRANKS INSTALLED. CUPS ARE ON THE CORRECT SIDE. DOES NOT MATTER WHICH REAR COG CHAIN IS ON CHAIN AT A SEVERE ANGLE TO FRONT CHAIN WHEELS. BRAND NEW TIME SCYLON 2017 JUST GOT FRAME AFTER 7 MONTH WAIT.
Some pics would be good. Also, what size is it? The two smallest sizes in that frame have chainstays that are only 402mm. Then, from the S all the way through to XL the chainstays are only 404mm across the board. That is really short, especially by today's standards when the minimum specificed chainlength for Campy is 405mm and for Shimano is 410mm. And with the newest Shimano stuff and their newest rear derailleurs, I would expect chainstays that short to potentially be quite problematic for rear wheel removal, where they really do require some space ahead of the rear tire and the BB area to be able to easily remove the rear wheel.
But even still, you say that it doesn't matter which cog the chain is on, the chainline is still severe. Sounds like something is definitely amiss aside from very short chainstays. Not really sure what could be wrong with the install as it's fairly straightforward. So... pics?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

SteveMUSA

by SteveMUSA

Size is small. Will try and get some photos. No problem taking wheel on and off. Rear cogs 11-23 front standard not compact

SteveMUSA

by SteveMUSA

IMG_0007.JPG
Here is a photo looking from front to back

kgt

by kgt

I can't see any issue...
BTW my Skylon's or any other frame's shorter than usual stays have never caused me problems. Small Colnagos have 399-405 mm stays.

Wormiez

by Wormiez

Looking for more speed on my Time Skylon build...

Currently running a SRAM Etap groupset on it. Looking to change up the cranks to Q-Rotor. Anyone run a different crank on their Time build?

Magnav65

by Magnav65

Hi folks i recently made myself a present... :lol:

kgt

by kgt

Beautiful! Looking forward to the final build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com