Time skylon

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

I have just seen one in an expo a week ago and it looked amazing. Top quality stuff and nice design. Nicer than in the studio photos.

rockbite

by rockbite

Ohhh yeah... i am riding it... just got mine today... and I must say it is AMAZING.......

More so, when you see it live......

Will a picture shortly

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rockbite

by rockbite

here is the pic of the bike

http://postimg.org/image/c0brkq9vz/

Cronulla

by Cronulla

rockbite wrote:here is the pic of the bike

Beautiful, what size is that? Weight?
:thumbup:

BCSS

by BCSS

rockbite wrote:Ohhh yeah... i am riding it... just got mine today... and I must say it is AMAZING.......
y

Which version did you get, with the aktiv fork?....I like the concept of it...think 'suspension' on road bikes is the 'next big thing'

SkippyMcJimmelstein

by SkippyMcJimmelstein

rockbite wrote:here is the pic of the bike

Time to locate Time dealers near me (pun intended).

rockbite

by rockbite

@ Cronulla - It's a Size Small = 53 top tube, and I am 5 foot 8, Weight with current set up is 14.54 lbs (6595 grms), 13.88 lbs (6295 grms) with my non deep dish wheels - could go lighter but..... will do that slowly.....

@ BCSS - This is not the Active fork version..... it added almost 1K to the price and from what i understand not in the USA yet.... not sure. I can always upgrade to that fork later......

@ Skippy - You should... i have ridden many top end bikes... this TIME is by far the best ride around and the workmanship is amazing. Even some custom bikes like Parlee fall short of TIME's care and detail

kgt

by kgt

Some photos frome the greek dealer's facebook page:

Cronulla

by Cronulla

@ Rockbite, you say size small and top tube 53,according to TIME geo chart is it 54 and xs have 53. I am aboute same height and was thinking on a xs frame,maybe it will be to small. On what height is your saddle from bb,just to get an image on the size.

rockbite

by rockbite

@Cronulla, yes sorry... i kept thinking of my Pinarello.... It is a 54 cm top tube. I will measure the saddle and send you the height.

Cronulla

by Cronulla

rockbite wrote:@Cronulla, yes sorry... i kept thinking of my Pinarello.... It is a 54 cm top tube. I will measure the saddle and send you the height.

Did you measure the seat height (top of saddle to bb) ?

kgt

by kgt

I know ww hate oinline fit suggestions but it is obvious this frame is too big for you...

rockbite

by rockbite

@Cronulla.... yeah sorry been short on time but will get it to you

@KGT.... is it obvious....I have longer legs and arms and a shorter body..I ride anywhere from a 52-54 for being 5.8-1/2. But it fits real nice. Last bike was a pinarello, with a 53.5 and that fit was good too. 51/52 just felt too small.....

kman

by kman

kgt wrote:I know ww hate oinline fit suggestions but it is obvious this frame is too big for you...

It doesn't seem like a very aggressive, racing position but I hardly think it looks like its "obviously too big" for the rider with that setup.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

rockbite
you say you have longer legs and arms but your saddle to bar drop is minimal. I really cannot see how a smaller frame would not fit you better... You would have exactly the same contact points having your seat at a proper position (I am sure it is out of its carbon rail limits as it is) and using a longer stem (I guess yours is like 8-9cm)...
Again, I am sorry for commenting. Enjoy your fab bike!