Time skylon

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fa63

by fa63

Imagine the spacer stack that would be required with a smaller frame; based on the amount of spacers on the current frame, it probably wouldn't even be safe.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Anyone owning a Medium and also a Large owner?
I see reach is 394mm for medium and 403mm for large, but can anyone measure stack?
It seems it's about 20mm difference.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TK421

by TK421

Do you guys reckon this is a new awesome frame? I need to upgrade the frame on my bike and I've short listed this Time Skylon & Wilier Cento 1SR. What would you recommend?

Cronulla

by Cronulla

Cronulla wrote:
rockbite wrote:@Cronulla, yes sorry... i kept thinking of my Pinarello.... It is a 54 cm top tube. I will measure the saddle and send you the height.

Did you measure the seat height (top of saddle to bb) ?

Seat height from bb to top sf saddle?? Please.

rockbite

by rockbite

@Cronulla .... sorry for the wait i had to get fitted again, and the final numbers are: 27.5 inches (69.85 cm) from the middle of the BB to the top of the saddle.

@KGT... yes a smaller frame would fit me... but the Xtra Small frame just did not feel right..... but thank you for noticing

@fa63.... LOL

@wheelsONfire .... not sure if your going to get an answer until dec, my shop Velo Pasadena stated that the Med, Large and XXS frame do not start shipping until Nov..... then build and shipping times from there...... But i may be wrong someone may have it!!!

@TK421..... OMG awesome is an understatement.... i was going to get Pina F8 to replace my Dogma...and I decided to give others a try. I test rode the F8, Trek SLR, C60 & Wilier Cento 1SR.... and others.... and in the end i choose this frame, it is by far the best of all of them......not the lightest, but at 14.58 lbs (with Zipp 404) i am not complaining.....

Cronulla

by Cronulla

@rockbite,thanx a lot, so on the picture the saddle is at that height?

fa63

by fa63

Deleted

rockbite

by rockbite

@Cronulla... its about a little more then 1/2 inch lower then the picture, I would be higher but i switched to Time Pedals instead of the dura ace 9000.

TK421

by TK421

rockbite wrote:
@TK421..... OMG awesome is an understatement.... i was going to get Pina F8 to replace my Dogma...and I decided to give others a try. I test rode the F8, Trek SLR, C60 & Wilier Cento 1SR.... and others.... and in the end i choose this frame, it is by far the best of all of them......not the lightest, but at 14.58 lbs (with Zipp 404) i am not complaining.....

Thank you so much! I am asking because i need to change my entry level carbon frame with a better one, i think mine had enough already ;) I did consider the p8, c60 and the two i already asked for but havent tried any of them. I am not a weight weenie so I wouldnt say i worry much about the weight of the frame. I could stretch on the budged too hence looking at some expensive frames as the c60 for example, but i know equally good frames or better ones can be bought for less.

Anyone have any idea for the price of this frame in the uk?

53x12

by 53x12

If I had to blow my wad on a bike, this would make the long list.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

tinozee

by tinozee

Have you seen the one on twohubs blog? It has a really nice paint job.

http://twohubs.blogspot.com/2014/12/2015-time-skylon-campagnolo-super.html

rockbite

by rockbite

Wow that skylon must have been a custom paint job, or De-paint job. i will have to call them, i like the blacked out look.

tinozee

by tinozee

Yeah Time is one of few brands that can pull off showing the weave in 2015.

DaleB

by DaleB

Hi rockbite,

This is going to be my next Frame to replace my 10 year old Time VXRS. I'm going for the Plasma colour.
Is there lots of frame clearance with the Firecrest 404's? I'm looking at the Fircrest 303's or Firestrike 404's, but I'm worried about frame rub with these wheels being a little wider than normal. Would you be able to measure clearance between the chain stays, seat stays and between the fork crown please?

Cheers,
Dale.
U.K

rockbite

by rockbite

Hi dale

I can do that this weekend.

However, It will not rub. I put 25mm tires with firestrike and there are no issues.

Also plasma is an awesome color

Thanks

Tom

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com