Sidi Wire half sizing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

windsurfingodie

by windsurfingodie

I have a pair of Sidi Ergo 3's Speedplay sole size 44 and looking to upgrade to the Sidi Wires as I find the Ergo 3's are too narrow in the toe box. Are the half sizes a bit longer or is it the same length sole as the 44's but a wider toe box . Thanks in advance

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bontie

by bontie

My experience is that lengthwise they are the same. I usually wear a 45 and tried a 44.5 in Wire and they were notably "shorter"
In fact I have not returned them, so I could measure against a mates 44s if you want?

dj97223

by dj97223

The answer is on the sidi site. 3mm longer and proportionally higher volume.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

And I think the difference in the half sizes is in the upper. I believe that the full and half size use the same sole, with the half size having the size increase built into the upper.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

You should be fine in 44.5. I'm exactly the same in that sizing and have owned both the Ergo 3 and have Wires now and the 44 was too small in the toe box just like you.

BRM

by BRM

BdaGhisallo wrote:And I think the difference in the half sizes is in the upper. I believe that the full and half size use the same sole, with the half size having the size increase built into the upper.

Well ,
Even when the same sole is used the inside of the shoe can increase in length.

dj97223 gave already the correct answer.

Btw although I can use some little more room in the toebox of the Ergo's , the Wire is too roomy for my feet.
They better should make the Ergo-shoe little more round, especially at the point of your big toe.

tinozee

by tinozee

Woah too bad (edit - for some!) they made the Wire bigger in the toe area, the Ergo 3 fits me perfectly. Glad I read this before buying the wire online. That must be why they kept the Ergo 3 in the lineup for 2014.

PJCM

by PJCM

I have gone from Ergo 2 to Wire in 44. I find that there is more room around the toes and that the wire mechanism evenly tightens the whole fore-foot of the shoe so that it feels equally secure to the Ergo. You therefore might find staying with a 44 OK.

Only thing I miss about the Ergos is the ability to easily tighten the main buckle through an over-sock with full-finger gloves. This is still possible, but trickier, with Wires.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Does anyone know who stocks the Sidi Wire in half sizes? I cannot find a vendor with them in stock.

windsurfingodie

by windsurfingodie

I bought the Sidi Wire 44.5 but found them to be the same length as the Ergo 44's but with more toe room. The 45's were way too big

Nitemare

by Nitemare

I changed from Ergo 1 size 43 to Wire Vernice 43.5 (CRC was vendor) and I'm really pleased as now I have that little bit of room round toes especially when on hot summer ride and feet swell slightly ... wish I'd done this sooner!!! :)

Nitemare

UncleJamsArmy

by UncleJamsArmy

mnmasotto wrote:Does anyone know who stocks the Sidi Wire in half sizes? I cannot find a vendor with them in stock.

biketiresdirect.com has them in half sizes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com