Control Tech Viento SC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

snailmale

by snailmale

Anyone using these bars? I just ordered one from Amazon at a ridiculously low price. My current Token bars are 42cm (too wide, resulting in serious shoulderblade pain) and 325g, while these are supposed to be 235g for 42cm.

The new bars are 38cm, which should save me over 100g for just $20. It sounds too good to be true though, which makes me worry about whether they are gonna split in half on a downhill.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

probably because the 38 and 40 does not sell much and amazon slash the prices on those goods that doesn't move. Scandium? sounds good, please report actual weight.

locktopus

by locktopus

I just ordered the 40 cm version. Looking forward to my stem and bar combo being over 100 g lighter than the current one!

snailmale

by snailmale

I'm in Singapore, so it will take a while more for the bars to get to me. Will report on weight when I get them.

In the mean time, don't buy up all the 40's! I might pick one up if the 38 is too narrow. It's cheap enough for me to try in various sizes and get my fit right.

ms6073

by ms6073

snailmale wrote:I'm in Singapore, so it will take a while more for the bars to get to me.
Nice. Topic drift but my wife's is there on business and after visiting the botanical gardens yesterday, she remarked that she would not be able to ride her road bike there for more than an hour or two with that climate. :lol:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

locktopus

by locktopus

My 40 cm bars came in the mail yesterday. Put them on a scale today. 258 g.

I'm not really that happy with that discrepancy. I expected it to be less than 235 g. Experimental mass is 10% greater than the reference value.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com