Cables

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

theosaurus

by theosaurus

I get through quite a lot of cables so naturally I thought I'd buy some big 'shop' rolls (30 metres).
The only problem is I can't find any good quality cables in a large bundle. I mostly use the Campag record cables and they're great, the only large rolls I can find are aligator and jagwire but those are the bottom tier ones.
Does anyone know where I can get large rolls of brake and gear outer and decent gear and brake cables?
Are the shimano slr ones any good?
Thanks
yes, but how much does it weigh?

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

theosaurus wrote:I get through quite a lot of cables ..

I've never known anyone who gets through a lot of cables.

I don't know of any quality outer casing that is sold in bulk. I believe the Campag ones are still made by Italian company Casiraghi, but I can't imagine Mr Campagnolo being very happy if they started to sell the casings in bulk.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProEvoSLTeamHighMod

by ProEvoSLTeamHighMod

You can buy Shimano housing in bulk rolls, but if you're on campy groups, keep it pro and use campy stuff...

you can probably negotiate a reasonable quantity discount for just buying a bunch without having to buy the "shop" roll/box...

theosaurus

by theosaurus

Valbrona wrote:
I've never known anyone who gets through a lot of cables.

Sorry what I meant by that is that I build a lot of bikes which all require cables.

Thanks for the pointer ProEvoSLTeamHighMod I might buy some shimano cables and just look like whopper.
yes, but how much does it weigh?