SiSL ON BB386, hear me out before you kill me

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mannymerc

by mannymerc

So I have the desire to buy a bb386 equip frame but I really would like to install a spare sisl Crank I have on this frame, I dont really like FSA cranks that much, I guess the DA9000 crank is an option but I dont like the adapters, I dont know of a company that makes a bb for 24mm spindles, anyway, I was thinking of having a different spindle made for the hollowgram crank, so same 30mm diameter but longer to be able to reach both side of this frame, has anyone thought about this idea?? would it be possible???

NiFTY

by NiFTY

You certainly could fit it to a BB386 with a custom spindle but pause for a moment and think about what that would do to:
1) q factor - all that extra length goes straight to q factor, so it will look like you have a mountain bike crank on your road bike.
2) chainline - if you symmetrically space out your pedal stance you will be adding about 9mm to your chainline (spoil the surprise - shifting will be shit, you will drop chains, you will get crazy chainrub everywhere, you might not be able to even shift into every sprocket at the back without locking the chain)

Short answer, as with every "will my hollowgram fit my BSA/ITA/BB86/BB386/BBright/BB90 frame" - it will not, and if you can make it fit, it will not function. Buy a new crank or a new frame.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mannymerc

by mannymerc

ok. lets leave it at that.
thanks,