Any experience with Zipp SL-70 Aero Carbon Handlebar?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tranzformer

by tranzformer

Has anyone ridden the new Zipp SL-70 aero bar yet? Any thoughts on it?

tranzformer

by tranzformer

No one?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nejmann

by Nejmann

What do you wan't to know? I got a friend who has one and my other friend has the vukasprint, i think it's just a redesign :) But they are both very very nice :)

woz9683

by woz9683

Had a vukasprint, and looked at an sl-70. Decided against the sl-70 because there's no option for traditional bend. Other than the bend, the bars looked very, very similar. Oh, Zipp changed their measuring between the two bars. Vuka (and everything else they made up to that point) was measured outside to outside. The SL-70 (and I assume all their other bars?) are now measured center to center.

tranzformer

by tranzformer

Nejmann wrote:What do you wan't to know? I got a friend who has one and my other friend has the vukasprint, i think it's just a redesign :) But they are both very very nice :)

I am curious how the stiffness of the SL-70 Aero Carbon is. I have heard some guys complain about the Vukasprint being a little flexy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Succisa75

by Succisa75

tranzformer wrote:
Nejmann wrote:What do you wan't to know? I got a friend who has one and my other friend has the vukasprint, i think it's just a redesign :) But they are both very very nice :)

I am curious how the stiffness of the SL-70 Aero Carbon is. I have heard some guys complain about the Vukasprint being a little flexy.

I haven't noticed any abnormal flex with mine. They feel great and of course look great! From riders who I know that have tried both, the SL-70 is noticeable improvement.