remove Di2 sleeve in seatpost

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

I am looking at the FSA seatpost and it says it is Di2 compatible, but it weights more than the previous non-Di2 version.. is the Di2 adapter just at the end of the seatpost? OK to cut off part of the seatpost if I am not needing this feature?
Last edited by PoorCyclist on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jpanspac

by jpanspac

I don't think it's clear what you're asking. Try rephrasing your questions.
My favorite components are the ones I never have to think about.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

Yes, let's try again.

ms6073

by ms6073

PoorCyclist wrote:is the Di2 adapter just at the end of the seatpost? OK to cut off part of the seatpost if I am not needing this feature?
FSA still makes that post in a non Di2 version, just have to look around a bit more. So to try and answer your other question, as long as cutting down the post still allows for the minimum required insertion length, then yes, it can be cut off. Simply take note of where the stock FSA minimum insertion line is printed on the shaft and the insert is a tad shorter that. I had to cut the FSA K-Force Sb25 post even though I needed the Di2 insert, the post was too long when inserted into the seat tube of my wife's Scott Solace and I was able to reuse the insert once it was cleaned of the bonding residue without issue.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"